• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The ARTGERM Thread
9 9

421 posts in this topic

39 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

I once emailed his FB page and received a response within 24 hours.  You could give that a try.  It goes without saying, but despite the crappy situation you're in, it's best to be respectful with your message since I think it's actually Artgerm who's managing the account and not some PR rep.  Best of luck.

I will be...thanks for the advice. It’s only 23.00 and I’m sure it’s just a mistake. Will try Facebook. 

8 minutes ago, exitmusicblue said:

For those who assumed Artgerm was copic markers or bust... check out his charcoal. Modern Master.

75C060F9-EBD4-4E68-B72F-9A1D8BD5BCD2.thumb.jpeg.1813deb3347bb17543bf6e49faa5b341.jpeg

I've often wondered what some original art from these artists cost, but it's probably more than some books that I might rather have lol

Thanks for posting! It looks great!

57 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I've often wondered what some original art from these artists cost, but it's probably more than some books that I might rather have lol

Thanks for posting! It looks great!

Not mine, just from his website : )  Only got the Vampirella OA from the previous page or two, after selling a piece to a good boardie -- you're right about the cost, and they def trend up over time!

3 hours ago, exitmusicblue said:

For those who assumed Artgerm was copic markers or bust... check out his charcoal. Modern Master.

75C060F9-EBD4-4E68-B72F-9A1D8BD5BCD2.thumb.jpeg.1813deb3347bb17543bf6e49faa5b341.jpeg

that's honestly better than any of his cover art which I find all too anime-ish after a while.  I would be very interested in buying a charcoal piece like that.  that's simply superb.

Edited by ExNihilo

1 hour ago, ExNihilo said:

that's honestly better than any of his cover art which I find all too anime-ish after a while.  I would be very interested in buying a charcoal piece like that.  that's simply superb.

I've found he can do pretty much anything he wants, in any medium.

I’ve been passing all his Catwoman covers...... I don’t know. Even his Captain Marvel seems mediocre to me.....

I really like his Supergirl, Wonder Woman and Harley. 

I think it’s his dark background, that throwing me off. 

39 minutes ago, combiner1 said:

I’ve been passing all his Catwoman covers...... I don’t know. Even his Captain Marvel seems mediocre to me.....

I really like his Supergirl, Wonder Woman and Harley. 

I think it’s his dark background, that throwing me off. 

His Catwoman #4 is probably one of his best covers imo.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/09/05/stanley-artgerm-lau-easter-eggs-catwoman-4-cover/

35 minutes ago, Pete Marino said:

He just released more copies of these 2 variants on the site.

I mean, I like that cover.  But i'm not willing to spend $120 to get it.  Between his and JSC's prices, I just feel like these artists are growing more out of touch with the fans.  Sure, the books sell out, but it's increasingly feeling like something specific for high end collectors.

35 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

I mean, I like that cover.  But i'm not willing to spend $120 to get it.  Between his and JSC's prices, I just feel like these artists are growing more out of touch with the fans.  Sure, the books sell out, but it's increasingly feeling like something specific for high end collectors.

It's expensive, but not quite that bad.  $60 for a set of 2, so $30 each.

3 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

2 hours ago, Pete Marino said:

It's expensive, but not quite that bad.  $60 for a set of 2, so $30 each.

Plus the "cream of the crop" artists have to take into account the secondary market.  It's not logical for them to sell at a low price point, given a limited supply, only to see issues rocket up in price on ebay due to high demand.

Just like any regular artist, they deserve to decide the price for their work... rationally.