• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The ARTGERM Thread
9 9

421 posts in this topic

On 10/13/2019 at 11:11 PM, ExNihilo said:

I wish I knew how people got these fine commissioned pieces.  Whenever I send them an email, I'm just met with silence.  :sorry:

Only way I know of is to catch him at a convention.

18 hours ago, Avi said:

Only way I know of is to catch him at a convention.

Yeah, I got him at NYCC.  His line obviously builds up fast.  I was there as the conventioned opened on Thursday, and was already about 8th in line.  He does take a list basically every day, but it gets shorter each day.  I think the full color stuff you can only get the first 2 days (of a 4 day con) He works fast, and did a lot of the quick sketches, he only posted like 4 of the full color copic sketches, so that may have been all he got through. 

He will also post for sale stuff he sketches in class and for things like Inktober, at his store.  They go quick and you can't pick the subject.

5 hours ago, drotto said:

Yeah, I got him at NYCC.  His line obviously builds up fast.  I was there as the conventioned opened on Thursday, and was already about 8th in line.  He does take a list basically every day, but it gets shorter each day.  I think the full color stuff you can only get the first 2 days (of a 4 day con) He works fast, and did a lot of the quick sketches, he only posted like 4 of the full color copic sketches, so that may have been all he got through. 

He will also post for sale stuff he sketches in class and for things like Inktober, at his store.  They go quick and you can't pick the subject.

Thanks.  I had no idea he accepted commissions at conventions.  Good to know.

18 hours ago, IbukiLord said:

Dedicated Artgerm wall in the house, hardest thing is to decide which ones go up and which ones come down

PKRjZIp.jpg

Love the wall! Here is my setup. I agree that it is hard to pick which cover goes up. I rotate constantly to keep it fresh. Mine right now is mostly Artgerm. 

D5C29A90-048A-4F36-A09C-55AB795B2539.jpeg

13 hours ago, rhaywood73 said:

Does anyone know if I can get his signature and cgc certified without going to a con.  I don't live close enough to the ones he goes to.  Thanks

Check out the Signature Series forum on here. There's tons of information on sending items to facilitators. (There should be a few thread stickied about it too.)

If you aren't looking for a specific book Artgerm's online store offers graded/signed books directly from him - Albeit at a premium.