• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The ARTGERM Thread
9 9

421 posts in this topic

On 9/18/2020 at 9:04 AM, Hamlet said:

I don't really follow new comics much, but some of his Catwoman covers caught my eye.  For the first time in years, I've got some moderns heading my way.

I collected Catwoman as long as he was on the title providing covers.   The cover for Catwoman #4 is probably my favorite of the bunch because of the various easter eggs that were hidden in it.  If you like Catwoman, I strongly recommend you take a look at Josh Middleton's Batman #50 variant.  The contrast in the eyes and lips is mesmerizing in person.

catwoman-4-artgerm.png

1 hour ago, exitmusicblue said:

More Artgerm original art on its way here...

83E1EF57-EAC6-4479-90B2-F387305CFDE4.thumb.jpeg.e17c99d58147087f440bd24a0c44cf6d.jpeg

Nice.  I'm so confused how people acquire ArtGerm OA.  Does he have a dealer?  Are these off his store?  I guess I haven't looked into it much just because I don't have the funds for it.  Still something I'd like to have one day.

41 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

Nice.  I'm so confused how people acquire ArtGerm OA.  Does he have a dealer?  Are these off his store?  I guess I haven't looked into it much just because I don't have the funds for it.  Still something I'd like to have one day.

Store is a cr*pshoot with no meaningful advance notice.  Secondary market -- comicartfans.com, dealers, and occasionally ebay.

Edited by exitmusicblue

So mad these are sold out om arrtgerms website and I missed them. Is my best bet to pay 80 or best offer on ebay? I may be diagnosed with fomo on this one, at least the black cat.

They come out in may. 

Screenshot_20220316-064300_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20220316-064314_eBay.jpg

Edited by jason4

On 3/16/2022 at 5:44 AM, jason4 said:

So mad these are sold out om arrtgerms website and I missed them. Is my best bet to pay 80 or best offer on ebay? I may be diagnosed with fomo on this one, at least the black cat.

They come out in may. 

Screenshot_20220316-064300_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20220316-064314_eBay.jpg

It was a shared cover, so other stores had/have them. Sad Lemons was the last one I saw. That said, this type of variant has zero legs. They will never be worth more than they are now. If you can be patient,  wait 2 to 3 months and you can pick up a graded 9.8 for $75-$100.