• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Signature Series with a 1974 signature? Grading?

7 posts in this topic

I didn’t have $5 but I sent in a dollar bill with two quarters taped to it and asked Stan Lee in a letter if I could buy a non autographed copy at cover price instead.  This is what I got back.  Just loose in a Manila envelope.  1974.  How would a book like this be graded?  Not the number, but would it get a blue or a signature series or just a notation of some kind?

68897766-951D-4C85-9203-502BE260266C.jpeg

7FECE503-FE65-4714-B425-DE3BF4B83E8A.jpeg

On ‎2018‎/‎07‎/‎04 at 6:00 PM, David Stager said:

I didn’t have $5 but I sent in a dollar bill with two quarters taped to it and asked Stan Lee in a letter if I could buy a non autographed copy at cover price instead.  This is what I got back.  Just loose in a Manila envelope.  1974.  How would a book like this be graded?  Not the number, but would it get a blue or a signature series or just a notation of some kind?

68897766-951D-4C85-9203-502BE260266C.jpeg

7FECE503-FE65-4714-B425-DE3BF4B83E8A.jpeg

CGC currently does not grade Treasury sized books ( too bad! )

I think your treasury is beautiful just the way it is. Nice keepsake!

It is a good memory.  I only wish all my comics from then were cared for a little better.  They were all well-read and today are just middle of the road quality.  On the plus side, I can still take them out and read them and handle them.  I've only had a few key comics graded and the frames for graded comics are getting harder to find.  The frame on this issue is for framing original comic artwork so it's a little big but it looks nice on the wall.  Hard to photograph without reflections though.