• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who is going to the Ultimate La Show on July 15th?

31 posts in this topic

As indicated in Chuck's post above, I'll be at the show as well.  I will have signed copies of Dave Hunt: An Artist's Life for sale for $20/copy, as well as original art from the Dave Hunt estate and my own collection (see preview below).  In addition, I will be bringing a stack of old and rare original art catalogs for any fans of my ComicArtAds website who enjoy torturing themselves.  Please swing by and say hello on Sunday!  Cheers, Lee

LAartpreview1.jpg

LAartpreview2.jpg

I already posted this in MARKETPLACE, but since I noticed this thread I'll put it here too...

PANEL PAGE ART will be setting up and exhibiting new art on...

Sunday, July 15th, at the LA Ultimate Comic Art & Collectibles Show and Torpedo Collector’s Collectors Convention taking place @ the LAX Hilton from 10AM to 5PM. www.UltimateLAShow.com.

Here is a small preview of some of the new things we will be bringing to the show...

We also will have a nice selection of covers by ROB LIEFELD and a complete GENE COLAN -- TALES TO ASTONISH 80 - Sub-Mariner story from 1966.

I hope to see many of you there.  This promises to be quite a show with many of the SD dealers showing their art here before COMIC CON.

Thanks!

Glen Brunswick

12 hours ago, Jay Olie Espy said:

Any attendees here who are not vendors plan to bring art to sell or trade? I'm considering it but I don't know if it's worth the hassle or the risk (of losing the art).

I generally bring a portfolio - you need somewhere to put art you buy so not so hard to have some already in it to trade - so if you have any of my wants please bring them!

verett, Bill
Please drop me a line if you have anything by Everett available...as inker only is more than fine! Of course, a 1970s Submariner page underwater with a pretty lady is truly special!

Smith, Barry Windsor
A 100% BWS Conan page or pencil only pages...I know it will not be inexpensive! Frankly interested in almost anything by BWS, especially if it is pretty

Ms. Marvel, 70s ; MTU 62
Sinnott inked are my favorites but I like them all. The cover to #15 is a favorite! Also after Marvel Team Up 62 pages...anyone have p15?

Redondo
Interested in Redondo art!

Nova, 70s
Art from the 70s series...especially like Issue 10 and 11. The cover to 11...anyone know where it is?

Astonishing Tales 6 - KaZar
BWS pencils / Everett inks...this is a key story for me...please sell me your page(s)! I am interested in the other issues with BWS pencils as well...

Thor 143, 170 - 175
Everett inked Kirby

Bolton - Kull...et al
Love the Kull books...happy with romantic, non-action pages as well. I like all of Bolton's stuff actually so please try me

Rogers & Austin - Batman
Pages from the classic Detective run

Daredevil 83, Cat 3, Amazing Adventures
Looking for pages with Everett inks from these Silver Age issues.

Captain America 136, 137; My Love
Everett inks on Colan

Pollard, Fantastic Four
Got any Pollard Fantastic Four? I am especially after the 197 - 200 Dr. Doom story

Jeff Jones Oils - Women
A nice Jeff Jones Oil...with a beautiful woman...nudity not required. Classic pen & ink work also appreciated.

Lloyd - V for Vendetta
Great comic and movie!

Kirby
A nice Kirby Sinnott FF page would be nice but I am interested in others as well - especially those with Kirby females - and of course BWS inks! . . .. . ... . . . . . . . . . . . . Ran out of Room but also: Lily Renee....art with Spitfire planes...baseball theme...

12 hours ago, Jay Olie Espy said:

Any attendees here who are not vendors plan to bring art to sell or trade? I'm considering it but I don't know if it's worth the hassle or the risk (of losing the art).

I will be, & I'd encourage it. I used to not do for the same reasons you mention, but I find it's a lot more fun to play from both sides. Just don't do any stupid trades! Get a second opinion from a friend, know the FMV of your stuff, consider the difficulty of replacing either piece, for example say you're looking at a trade of equally good Kirby pages: Kamandi for Demon. Demon has an edge because there is quite a bit less of it in existence, therefore: harder to replace. Maybe others will have more advice.

7 minutes ago, mtlevy1 said:

Smith, Barry Windsor
A 100% BWS Conan page or pencil only pages...I know it will not be inexpensive! Frankly interested in almost anything by BWS, especially if it is pretty

Hey Mark, I'll have a Conan page from the Elric story, inks are Smith/Sal. I think the best part of it is mostly Smith, but I'd love to have you take a look at it. --Aaron Noble

13 hours ago, Jay Olie Espy said:

I brought some art for trade.