• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM #361 PRINT ERROR - NOT BEING RECOGNIZED
1 1

16 posts in this topic

I have a ASM #361 that was missing its Primary Yellow Pigment ... I sent it in to CGC who sent me back a 7.0 label saying it was sun faded. They also included 2 miss labeled comics. So  3/7 comics had obvious issues. Can someone please help me out here. I mean Notice the Carnage Part One ... It should be Green with a Yellow Background. These "professionals" at CGC are saying that sun fading lol caused this. How does Sun Fading Erase all Yellow ink? Even when its been mixed with Blue to make green? Notice how the Carnage Part one is in Blue with a White Background - It should be Green with a Yellow Background, but there was no Yellow to Mix with Blue to make the Green Lettering or to make the Yellow Background. CGC is trying to convince me that this perfect comic was sun damaged so much that it magically erased the Yellow Ink and even Unmixed the Yellow Ink from the Front Cover ????   CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME GET THIS STRAIGHTENED OUT - ANY ADVICE WOULD BE GREAT ... ALSO NOTICE THE TWO RICK AND MORTY COMICS THAT THEY SENT ME IN THE WRONG ENCASMENT (SWITCHED LABELS)... Somebody - Anybody - Whoever can help .. Any Advice ??? 

IMG_3664.jpg

IMG_3666 (1).jpg

lol.jpg

SPIDERMAN PROOF.jpg

I'm not so sure CGC is wrong. It could be a sun fade. While I have no expertise on the subject, I thought this is what happens with sun fade, greens turn to blue, yellows fade to a lighter shade, etc. Some colors fade sooner than others. I think a Back cover pic would help. Also, the whole book, even the reds, look like they have lost their gloss. This to me would indicate a sun fade. Again, I know nothing, really, just saying...

Edited by Bomber-Bob

6 hours ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

This is odd, as magenta is the first to fade when exposed to the Sun.   But this copy has strong reds throughout the front cover.

Really odd.

The reds don't look that strong to me. (shrug)

Sorry, but it is sun fading. You can tell by the yellow in Amazing Spider-Man. Yellow is a color that simply fades exposed to sun light. And what you see on your 7.0 is a faded yellow. 

Yes... there’s still yellow ink present, so you can’t say it an error “missing yellow ink”!  Either it’s faded, or was not printed up to strength, but it’s so far off they wouldn’t have shipped these as they would likely have been early in the run and pulled as per usual til the inks were all balanced and ready to go. 

Also, it’s incorrect to say that the yellow and blue inks “made”green ink.  There is NO green ink.  Just the illusion of green due to tiny dots of blue and yellow very close together reading to our eyes like green.

1 hour ago, Aman619 said:

Also, it’s incorrect to say that the yellow and blue inks “made”green ink.  There is NO green ink.  Just the illusion of green due to tiny dots of blue and yellow very close together reading to our eyes like green.

What?? No green ink?? 

HULK MAD!!!

23 hours ago, Lazyboy said:
On 7/10/2018 at 2:58 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

This is odd, as magenta is the first to fade when exposed to the Sun.   But this copy has strong reds throughout the front cover.

Really odd.

The reds don't look that strong to me. (shrug)

Really?  The reds in the first scan look strong, just muted because of the scan. 

1 hour ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Really?  The reds in the first scan look strong, just muted because of the scan. 

The image is definitely poor, but even accounting for that, I don't think the reds look strong.