• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What the F is going on with FF 1 ?
1 1

65 posts in this topic

I won my FF#1 CGC 5.0 off of a MCS auction in Jan 2016.....paid $7500.Had no clue it would pop,just needed it for my run.It was the most dough I ever spent on a book ever.I hoped at least it would keep it's value....sweet baby Jesus,I never saw this coming....not complaining,lol...and not selling...:shy:

3 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

Is this still not a 1k ppp in the low grades (or thereabouts) ?  What happened and when (been off the SA train for a while)

I will happily buy all your copies at 1k a point :)

3 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

Is this still not a 1k ppp in the low grades (or thereabouts) ?  What happened and when (been off the SA train for a while)

Well,if Disney does indeed buy Fox the thinking is Marvel will finally get to do their version of a FF movie.

28 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Well,if Disney does indeed buy Fox the thinking is Marvel will finally get to do their version of a FF movie.

Maybe, or maybe the bean counters will say "well, this has failed multiple times before, do we risk it?".

As nice as it would be, it could be 5,10, or infinite years.

On 7/6/2018 at 6:25 AM, KirbyJack said:

We may have already seen the best FF movie possible; The Incredibles.

This.

And yeah -- this is "Werewolf By Night # 32" syndrome -- where folks are betting that a) the Disney/Fox deal will go through; and somehow lead to b) a successful FF movie.

Ya' know - fifth time's the charm!!

53 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

This.

And yeah -- this is "Werewolf By Night # 32" syndrome -- where folks are betting that a) the Disney/Fox deal will go through; and somehow lead to b) a successful FF movie.

Ya' know - fifth time's the charm!!

Do we really think folks are dropping 10k, 20k, 50k speculating on a movie? 

2 minutes ago, Columbia Comics said:

yes

Interesting. I havent seen it at cons. See existing collectors finally deciding to get a copy. But haven’t had a single new movie potential new collector ask for a copy. Guess mileage will vary 

Just now, G.A.tor said:

Interesting. I havent seen it at cons. See existing collectors finally deciding to get a copy. But haven’t had a single new movie potential new collector ask for a copy. Guess mileage will vary 

you wouldn't know that unless you directly asked

And contrary to what you may think...not all FF1's go through your hands :D

2 hours ago, Columbia Comics said:

you wouldn't know that unless you directly asked

And contrary to what you may think...not all FF1's go through your hands :D

Advantage of only selling at cons is I do get to talk to and ask every potential buyer of an ff1 their motivation , reason, etc

The second part of your statement is asinine and this will be my only response to it doh!

Edited by G.A.tor

8 hours ago, G.A.tor said:
8 hours ago, Columbia Comics said:

yes

It's not all speculators but it's also collectors who are forced to pay latest market prices because of speculation.

On 7/7/2018 at 9:04 PM, VintageComics said:

It's not all speculators but it's also collectors who are forced to pay latest market prices because of speculation.

It’s collectors who are speculating and don’t want to be shut out of a must-have book (FF1) because they’ve spent the last decade chasing Marvel Studios first appearances.