• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What the F is going on with FF 1 ?
1 1

65 posts in this topic

yes it re-directs you to the new listing. But if you click the part above the new listing

( The listing you’re looking for is no longer available. Check out this similar item we found for you. )
click listing and it will bring you back to the 05 book (thumbsu

20 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

Have owned a few in my time but not anymore. This is well deserved for a long time now !  Stil don't understand how something like this happens ?  Anyone ?

Undervalued Key + Speculation re Disney = Big Price increase (see FF5, FF48, X-Men 1 (and Hulk 181)). 

Although I also think part of FF1s increase is the fact that it was very cheap relative to its counter parts and collectors are focusing on getting a copy like they did a few years ago with IH1.

On 7/5/2018 at 8:49 PM, squidmo2000 said:

I won my FF#1 CGC 5.0 off of a MCS auction in Jan 2016.....paid $7500.Had no clue it would pop,just needed it for my run.It was the most dough I ever spent on a book ever.I hoped at least it would keep it's value....sweet baby Jesus,I never saw this coming....not complaining,lol...and not selling...:shy:

Plus the fact that it is "The World's Greatest Comic Magazine!" as so boldly emblazoned on its front covers for the longest time.  lol

9 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Plus the fact that it is "The World's Greatest Comic Magazine!" as so boldly emblazoned on its front covers for the longest time.  lol

…..and it delivered on the hype. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 7/28/2018 at 8:29 PM, KirbyJack said:

For a stretch there, it truly did. The absolute best there ever was.

Lightning in a bottle twice, right?  It in the early- to mid-60s (Kirby-Lee run) and the early- to mid-80s (revival Byrne run), it was unbelievable stuff.

BTW, i think it's hilarious that some boardies as recently as 3 years ago (when the 2015 Josh Trank film was DOA) were saying FF was not translatable to modern audiences, that FF was dated, blah blah blah.  Can't wait for Kevin Feige to get to work on the First Family.  Soon.

On 7/30/2018 at 4:11 PM, zosocane said:

Lightning in a bottle twice, right?  It in the early- to mid-60s (Kirby-Lee run) and the early- to mid-80s (revival Byrne run), it was unbelievable stuff.

BTW, i think it's hilarious that some boardies as recently as 3 years ago (when the 2015 Josh Trank film was DOA) were saying FF was not translatable to modern audiences, that FF was dated, blah blah blah.  Can't wait for Kevin Feige to get to work on the First Family.  Soon.

Every book that is valuable today was slammed -- slammed! -- as worthless and falling like a rock, over-valued and never going to be worth what it once was.   Every single one.   If you want to know what might be valuable in the future, consider what is being slammed today with the worst logic and the greatest persistence, and you have your answer.