• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Berkeley Comic Con Aug. 4, Comics Only! Great old school show.
1 1

45 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

Since joining the boards a year ago, I have missed the last two Berkeley Comic Con's but decided to try my best to make it out today.  I didn't have money to buy up major keys and truthfully wasn't expecting to buy much.  I was really more interested in going and putting a face to a board name and just meeting people.  Well, the dollar boxes and discounted long boxes changed all that as I was able to fill gaps in some runs.  My only problem was not having an accurate list of books that I needed and I ultimately ended up having to rein it in a bit out of fear of buying up doubles (something I've done far too much of late and have been trying to minimize).  Next time I'll be sure to go with a full catalog of my collection as well as a list of books I'm looking for.  The books available throughout the room felt very balanced.  There was a good mix of GA/SA/CA and more modern age stuff than I was expecting.  So something for everyone.  There were also quite a few nice wall books which is always fun because it serves as a physical reminder of what I hope to one day strive to own.

On top of that there was a lot of knowledge in the room.  It's fun hearing some of you guys talk about collecting, original art, cons, the historical value of books 10 years ago, the rise and fall of some books, predicting future value of books, etc etc.  I learned some stuff just casually eavesdropping and it's just nice to be around people with similar passions for comics.  It's also fun just seeing you dealers rib each other.  I guess that's what happens when you've been around each other for as long as you have.  Anyways, it was a great way to spend an afternoon and I'm looking forward to the next one.

Lastly, thanks @HouseofComics.Com for organizing.  And if there are other boardies who work to organize the con, thanks to you as well.  (thumbsu

:whatthe: I was just leaving to go to the show :whatthe: I thought I would read the new post's and drink my coffee before I hit the road and I find this. The show was on a sat not today really :makepoint:

I did a little Con Report and posted some photos over in Comics General.

Feel free to post your hauls and reports over there too. 

Thanks again everyone for coming - one of the best shows yet IMO.