• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

4 Modern Characters Buy/Spec, Sell, or Hold
1 1

87 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, Cozmo-One said:

My 9 year old daughter is just getting into comic books, and her favorite characters are Spider-Gwen and Black Widow.  I had to buy this at the store today...20180713_195302.thumb.jpg.34bee1204e774b33ed1b1b07a796e797.jpg

OK, these two images around about to break the board.

I would say this  is relevant news for the thread.

btw put me in the camp that these characters are more than a fad. I think they have legs.

I don't know if many people ever heard of Marvel Press which is a prose novel imprint for Marvel Comics. These characters are good sellers in that market. So these characters are going beyond comic books now.

The fun part will be picking which one or two break out.

I don't think anyone is arguing against them at this point its more about which one will be the winner. 
From my viewpoint I look at largest audience exposure. While animation is great its middle of the road
in my opinion. They are all getting that exposure to the younger generation to really pull the larger money
they gotta step up the cinema. Anyone disagree there?

So far only one is there confirmed. Morales and Spider-Gwen have to make that jump to go farther I think.

Kamilla is still just pure speculation and the riskiest currently. Now that being said I have sold literally a
dozen copies of Marvel Point One 1st and 2nd prints for very good money so I don't turn the speculator
money down, but I am not keeping anything on that character till more concrete stuff shows up for her.

I am okay with being called a conservative investor it has served me well for 20 years.

Edited by fastballspecial

Spider gwen is really the only one that has a large fan base outside of the movie spec realm. I would even argue that she has her own fan base outside the comic realm at this point. In almost 3 years, that fan base has just expanded. As well as her merch line. She doesn't really need a high budget movie. An animated series would be more suited for that character considering the demographics. 

Edited by Aweandlorder

2 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

Spider gwen is really the only one that has a large fan base outside of the movie spec realm. I would even argue that she has her own fan base outside the comic realm at this point. In almost 3 years, that fan base has just expanded. As well as her merch line. She doesn't really need a high budget movie. An animated series would be more suited for that character considering the demographics. 

She will be in the new Spiderman: into the spiderverse cartoon movie... :shy:

edit: not the star of course, that is Morales, but in it none the less :foryou:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

9 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

She will be in the new Spiderman: into the spiderverse cartoon movie... :shy:

edit: not the star of course, that is Morales, but in it none the less :foryou:

It's worth noting that I saw it in the trailer, which probably many people have? Idk, :shy:

3 hours ago, Alondo said:

I have a tendency to base my forecasting on Google Trend analysis, which gives a little insight into the zeitgeist for these characters. Here are the search trends for these characters today:

Screen Shot 2018-08-15 at 8.49.26 AM.png

hm  go on....

3 hours ago, Alondo said:

I have a tendency to base my forecasting on Google Trend analysis, which gives a little insight into the zeitgeist for these characters. Here are the search trends for these characters today:

Screen Shot 2018-08-15 at 8.49.26 AM.png

Can you also add Ghost-Spider as well since they're changing Spider-Gwen's character to that.  Might see a little uptick.  

6 hours ago, Praxis52 said:

Can you also add Ghost-Spider as well since they're changing Spider-Gwen's character to that.  Might see a little uptick.  

As much as I think that Spider-Gwen is a childish name, once again, based on its core fan base demographics I think its a mistake for Marvel to change it to something else. Especially since at this point she already has such a dedicated following. 

Why rebrand a brand that works already??