• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

4 Modern Characters Buy/Spec, Sell, or Hold
1 1

87 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Alondo said:

I have a tendency to base my forecasting on Google Trend analysis, which gives a little insight into the zeitgeist for these characters. Here are the search trends for these characters today:

Screen Shot 2018-08-15 at 8.49.26 AM.png

I love that can you expand that out to show graphs over time with the same analysis so we can show it over say a period of more then a year
to show trends and have a running graph?

Edited by fastballspecial

On 8/15/2018 at 12:46 PM, Praxis52 said:

Can you also add Ghost-Spider as well since they're changing Spider-Gwen's character to that.  Might see a little uptick.  

The analyzer at trends.google.com doesn't allow me to combine the two different names into one result, however, when I ran them individually, each got very similar results. This means there isn't a deluge of people exclusively referring to her by the new name instead of Spider-Gwen.

On 8/15/2018 at 8:38 PM, fastballspecial said:

I love that can you expand that out to show graphs over time with the same analysis so we can show it over say a period of more then a year
to show trends and have a running graph?

Exactly. It goes back to 2004. Conversely, it's extremely helpful when shortening a length of time, too. For example, when tracking the popularity of characters from the Black Panther universe, I limited to the last two months to filter out the inevitable bump in popularity immediately after the movie's release. It showed whether characters really have "staying power".

On 8/17/2018 at 11:55 AM, Alondo said:

The analyzer at trends.google.com doesn't allow me to combine the two different names into one result, however, when I ran them individually, each got very similar results. This means there isn't a deluge of people exclusively referring to her by the new name instead of Spider-Gwen.

Cool!  Thanks for checking.

On 8/17/2018 at 6:52 PM, fastballspecial said:

Man Morales is King according to that data.

Absolutely, he seems to always have a consistent fan following that I expect to balloon once the animated movie premieres. I wouldn't be surprised if Spider-Gwen gets a nice bump, as well.