• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Steve Ditko has passed
4 4

167 posts in this topic

RIP Mr Ditko. Thanks for all that you gave us, and for the strong conviction of your beliefs. 

Ditko brought so much to the table and had so many aficionados who thought he was the best. He was comics' classic eccentric, avoiding the limelight while beguiling his fans. Even though so few people got to meet him, his presence will be hugely missed. RIP.

8 hours ago, Unca Ben said:

RIP Mr. Ditko.  One of my top two favorite comic artist/creators.

PS: Ditko drew 41 issues.  AF 15, ASM 1-38, Annuals 1 &2.
Strange Tales Annual 2 was drawn by Kirby & inked by Ditko.

my bad - I did not look at the Marvel database and was going by what is in the comic book realm website. That information did not break it down by story but the overall contributors to the annual 2. I was confused by his other work in the same book being pencils and them listing him as having done pencils and ink.

Thanks for the correction-- makes sense that Kirby was the main artist for that issue because the Torch was the focus of the book and he was doing most of the early Torch ST stories.