• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Steve Ditko has passed
4 4

167 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, NoMan said:

So when Stan Lee goes to the big $150.00 per item Signing In The Sky is that the last of the originals or I’m I forgetting anyone?

Imho SL doesnt belong in the Ditko-Kirby league ... 

Just now, WEBHEAD said:

There are no words that can really be spoken that would truly explain how much he ment to our world and to me,  Rest in Peace Steve now you and Jack can wait awhile until the perfect three are one again

af15 signed.jpg

ASM2A.jpg

I've always been curious about the alleged stack of published (and unpublished) OA that was seen in Mr. Ditko's office.  We may now find out if that's true.
If Mr. Ditko did have a stack of OA that he never sold, I wonder if it will find its way to the market now that he's passed.  Unless his will expressly forbade this.
But if Ditko does have surviving heirs (nieces and nephews, perhaps), I imagine the sharks are circling.

Edited by Unca Ben

15 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

I've said it before, but Ditko + Russell was a great combination for Rom.

I agree. Those Rom issues were so much fun. They had that 1950s sci fi movies feel to it. I hope Zak Penn the "Ready One Player" scribe bases his Rom Hasbro movie writing gig on those issues.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur