• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comics on the Map.
1 1

17 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Junkdrawer said:

Do you live in the town of a famous writer or artist? Perhaps a Hollywood Superhero is a homie. Comic related movie filmed where you’re from? Tell me how Comics put your town on the map.

The 40s New York street scenes in Marvel Studios' Captain America film were shot here in Manchester, England, where, strangely, some of the early 20th century architecture was a very good match.  

22 hours ago, Junkdrawer said:
22 hours ago, Jerkfro said:

I was born in the same town as Jim Aparo. Does that count?

You’re on the map

Actually, the freaky thing is that I was born in the same town as Jim and the town he died in, which is a different town, I lived in for 22 years.

23 hours ago, Junkdrawer said:

Here in Winthrop we got Mayo Kaan

75AC1CC4-A10D-45D3-9BF3-A88D8E8EE25E.jpeg

so he posed a year before the first Superman comic was ever published? I guess that is possible right?-- since I think they shopped that book around for a while before getting published.

But who would even know what he was posing as before it got published save the creators?

Edited by 01TheDude

On 7/8/2018 at 1:18 AM, tv horror said:

P.J.Holden

John McCrea

Will Simpson

Garth Ennis

Krypton  tv series 

All have Belfast connections and of course Games of thrones is also shot here locally as was Dracula untold.

When you live in Southern California,  everywhere you go there is something.

How about my nephew who recently passed away this passed January,  he was a character in Star Trek. His real name was Jon Paul Steuer.