• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this for real?

31 posts in this topic

it gets better............

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BATMAN-ORIGINAL-PAINTING-BY-DAVID-FINCH-EMBELLISHED-BY-JIM-LEE-22x33-INCHES/153089331989?hash=item23a4d5d315:g:YoUAAOSwRuVbP9RQ

it says that since jim lee was sitting next to finch he "embellished" it somehow. RIGHT THERE AT THE SHOW.  since neither was busy. HA HA HA.

says something about christain bale too ?  but i dont see his sig anywhere.

3 minutes ago, Grails said:

Where do her legs begin?

EDBF8B35-9377-466B-A375-9848B3706FE6.jpeg

Since you asked, it would be right below her belly button and below the bottom of the picture.

I also understand your comment, but this is not representational art. The gun is absurd, the Joker doesn't have Venom's teeth, and the woman needs a boob job. But the imagry is still striking, the images are well centered, and the color balance is good. It could use more detailing in the face and some more contrast, but that may be the photo, not that art. And while I'm at it, I am also curious why there is a seeming line running top to midway down the picture about half an inch from the right side which divides the darker sky from a lighter one.

But on balance, I do like it.

There's just so much wrong with this one.  Based on counting the lower side that's visible, the Joker has at least 48 total teeth.  Though Harley comes off much better if you picture her as a half-snake version, since there's no way this would work with legs.  I'm not sure if that's supposed to be a weird boob-window, or some sort of glare, or a weird flesh-colored patch.  And the whole right shoulder area is really messed up.  I think it's a symptom of a change in centering mid-process, but it ends up with a really weird-looking anatomy.  

7 hours ago, gadzukes said:

I like the painting.  A talented artist painted it.

But it doesn't look like Adam Hughes style.

How do we get Adam to weigh in on this?

I'd ask Adam but there's no point. It's a fake. And the signature pics are hilarious....it's two different signatures. The hack who created the piece couldn't even counterfeit Adam's signature accurately. 

1 hour ago, bisquitodoom said:

There's just so much wrong with this one.  Based on counting the lower side that's visible, the Joker has at least 48 total teeth.  Though Harley comes off much better if you picture her as a half-snake version, since there's no way this would work with legs.  I'm not sure if that's supposed to be a weird boob-window, or some sort of glare, or a weird flesh-colored patch.  And the whole right shoulder area is really messed up.  I think it's a symptom of a change in centering mid-process, but it ends up with a really weird-looking anatomy.  

It's not supposed to look realistic, so yes, HQ's body is stretched in an almost weasilly way (with the legs starting below the bottom of the picture). And if you want to go further, two fingers are bent unnaturally on her right hand, the gun's weight should affect her left hand, and the shading is wrong,  

But that is not a Norman Rockwell. It's comic-based art. If you look at this and it makes a favorable impact, it's good. It's not brilliant, but I still think the artist is very good.  

Edited by Rick2you2

52 minutes ago, Michael (OML)1 said:

What is a THRID party authenticator?  I read it carefully on the AH COA but I don't know what a "Thrid" is?

That's a good point.  We should all ask the seller that.

Malvin