• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this for real?

31 posts in this topic

I have to admit the proportions are WAAAAY off, but I still think it's an ok painting.  AH's proportions are always spot on (he works from photos, right?).

Maybe if it was cropped more like this.....  I actually really like the face.

a1.jpg

Edited by gadzukes

7 hours ago, Blastaar said:

You would think if you are asking for a couple grand you could take a decent photo of the art.

The clearer you can see it the worse it looks. 

If I were the seller I'd take a pic of it through a dirty window from across the street. 

On 7/7/2018 at 3:55 PM, malvin said:

That's a good point.  We should all ask the seller that.

Malvin

ha ha, I asked the seller what a thrid party authenticator was, and he replied saying DC doesn't have in house authenticators so they need a 3rd party.  Then I said why is it spelled thrid and if something that simple is spelled wrong, what else could be wrong.  He then replied that he has seen COA with worse errors and I can buy with confidence.  That was a few days ago, then today he sent me this:

"After you brought it to my attention that there was a typo on the COA I contacted DC Comics and they responded by sending me a new COA which is now posted on the listing 
Also if you are interested please email me "

Edited by malvin

22 minutes ago, malvin said:

ha ha, I asked the seller what a thrid party authenticator was, and he replied saying DC doesn't have in house authenticators so they need a 3rd party.  Then I said why is it spelled thrid and if something that simple is spelled wrong, what else could be wrong.  He then replied that he has seen COA with worse errors and I can by with confidence.  That was a few days ago, then today he sent me this:

"After you brought it to my attention that there was a typo on the COA I contacted DC Comics and they responded by sending me a new COA which is now posted on the listing 
Also if you are interested please email me "

5 stars to DC for the quick response :golfclap:

On 7/8/2018 at 7:21 AM, gadzukes said:

I have to admit the proportions are WAAAAY off, but I still think it's an ok painting.  AH's proportions are always spot on (he works from photos, right?).

Maybe if it was cropped more like this.....  I actually really like the face.

a1.jpg

I agree that AH draws with better proportions... this head is way to small for the body, even in the way you cropped it. As others said, the painting isn't bad, it just appears to be a forgery.

On 7/7/2018 at 3:03 PM, Michael (OML)1 said:

What is a THRID party authenticator?  I read it carefully on the AH COA but I don't know what a "Thrid" is?

What’s a “signiture?”