• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman 9 (1942)
1 1

15 posts in this topic

This is a book I am sending off for grading.  The centerfold is missing so I know I will be getting a 0.5 or a qualified label, but I want to know what you'd think the book would get if qualified.

The tear on top goes through the entire book, and the bottom staple is detached from the cover.

Batman 9A Front Cover.jpg

Batman 9B Back Cover Copy.jpg

Have heard a little about this, but wanted to see if you or anyone can give more details. Is it correct you can request a blue label or qualified label?  Obviously, there would be a grade difference, but didn't know how accurate this is. I also just found out that huge defects, like missing pages, could even get an unqualified grade. Btw, I would go 1.8 qualified.

5 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Like the press: personally, I'm not too sure about the results of the cleaning?

I agree.  It was my impression that they didn't clean color areas to keep this from happening.  I should have done my homework and told them to leave that section alone.

50 minutes ago, D84 said:

I agree.  It was my impression that they didn't clean color areas to keep this from happening.  I should have done my homework and told them to leave that section alone.

I wonder why they left the area around Robin's boot?  This and the CT removal of the FF #1 would make me think twice  about having anything done.

53 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

I wonder why they left the area around Robin's boot?  This and the CT removal of the FF #1 would make me think twice  about having anything done.

Yeah.  I think if I get a spine roll pressed out again, I'd go somewhere else.