• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just Inherited Some Comics from 1940's
5 5

183 posts in this topic

54 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

Double sorry as well.  Many of us cringed reading that.  Heritage will treat you right!!! Great guys and a great venue.to showcase. 

Heritage reassured me the little nick did not devalue the comic that much if not at all. It really comes down to if the staple can reattach to the paper without using an adhesive. 

3 minutes ago, NomadCow13 said:

Heritage reassured me the little nick did not devalue the comic that much if not at all. It really comes down to if the staple can reattach to the paper without using an adhesive. 

Promising News

3 hours ago, NomadCow13 said:

I wish I would have done nothing and just had someone come and see me. I nicked a corner off of Pep22 trying to bag and board. These are old and brittle and too thick for even the golden bags. Live and learn. I got Heritage wanting more pics of Pep22, which I have provided for them, and they are willing to fly out to see them. I wish I did nothing and just had an expert come and see these things.

Ug

51 minutes ago, shadroch said:

Are you telling us that these books, with their brilliant white covers are brittle?

No, I misspoke on that. I need an expert to see them before I say anymore about that. But at this point everyone is an expert lol

5 hours ago, NomadCow13 said:

I wish I would have done nothing and just had someone come and see me. I nicked a corner off of Pep22 trying to bag and board. These are old and brittle and too thick for even the golden bags. Live and learn. I got Heritage wanting more pics of Pep22, which I have provided for them, and they are willing to fly out to see them. I wish I did nothing and just had an expert come and see these things.

How much of the corner?

I had a book I was putting in a mylite4 with a fullback and the flap got caught under a pre-chip and proceed to surgically slice the cover.  It wasn't an extremely valuable book but still afforded me a visceral disgust for mylite4s (Of course it wasn't my fault).  Every time I look at the stack of them I threaten to use them on an overhead projector.  They've kept quiet.