• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just Inherited Some Comics from 1940's
5 5

183 posts in this topic

On 7/11/2018 at 8:19 AM, HENRYSPENCER said:

Because Bombey this is serious business and a lot of money we are talking about.  The opposing party is looking to maximize their return.  No way I’d put books like this into Comiclink as they offer little to no promotion and there's no marketing going on.  No print catalogue, no press exposure, and a website that’s completely outdated.  Most importantly you want to look at who's getting the most money for Golden Age these days and it ain't Comiclink.  You want to put books of this caliber into Comic Connect or Heritage.

@Bomber-bob I told you so.  Next time you should listen.

Edited by HENRYSPENCER

17 minutes ago, HENRYSPENCER said:

That flag has failed Henry. You cannot flag if there isn't a black oblong round it. 

This one will do it @Bomber-Bob

Bob? Listen next time, alright. 

41 minutes ago, HENRYSPENCER said:

Hey, I thought you had me blocked ? Since I have your audience again, let me review those marvelous personality traits you have. You bully, you mock, and now you gloat.  

1 minute ago, Bomber-Bob said:

Hey, I thought you had me blocked ? Since I have your audience again, let me review those marvelous personality traits you have. You bully, you mock, and now you gloat.  

Add shill account to the list.  

2 hours ago, comicdonna said:

It's not the same book.

I guess I need to read through this thread, Mike, but you're right - the book Vinnie is holding is not the same book in the CC auction unless it has been reholdered?

Were they supposed to be the same?

1 minute ago, telerites said:

I guess I need to read through this thread, Mike, but you're right - the book Vinnie is holding is not the same book in the CC auction unless it has been reholdered?

No.  They are 2 different books.  The top staple location is one sign.  Ditch just posted another 5.0 sale from 8 years ago.

2 minutes ago, comicdonna said:
6 minutes ago, telerites said:

No.  They are 2 different books.  The top staple location is one sign.  Ditch just posted another 5.0 sale from 8 years ago.

lol  I'll modify my post to make this more clear.  I should have been more specific.

3 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

Ok. Thanks.  I read bits and pieces on occasion so I haven't tracked much.  Thanks again - hope all is well

Just now, Ditch Fahrenheit said:

lol  I'll modify my post to make this more clear.  I should have been more specific.

You nearly changed history.  The power of a link.  lol

10 minutes ago, comicdonna said:
12 minutes ago, Ditch Fahrenheit said:

You nearly changed history.  The power of a link.  lol

And the funny thing is...if they HAD been the same book, I could see myself making the IDENTICAL post, only dripping with snark instead of enthusiasm.  lol 

On 8/13/2018 at 3:36 PM, NomadCow13 said:

Hey all! After a wild ride I chose to work with Vincent at ComicConnect. I just felt he was the man I wanted to wok with. Very accommodating and fair. The collection goes up for auction this winter.

pep22.jpg

Congrats on Pep Comics #22. Now..what happened to the rest?