• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grade is in: Archie 50

23 posts in this topic

I just sent off 3 Archie comics to CGC.  Give me your grade thoughts and I'll let you know what the grades are when they come back.

Here is Archie 50.  Looks nice with just a little wear around the Staples.  Bright colors.  Cover & cf are snug.

a1.jpg

a2.jpg

Edited by gadzukes

2 hours ago, Bunky Brian said:

I can smell the fresh white pages from here, nice book!!!!!

I had a request from a collector who lived by me to see my raw Wonder Woman 1.  When he came over the first thing he did was smell the comic, which put a big smile on his face (and mine).  One thing about slabbing comics is that we lose that awesome "old paper" smell.

Yes, back in the 90s (pre-slabbing era), when the CBG was the main source for buying (at least for me), getting the books in and that initial smell upon checking the books out was great (unless you got a moldy smell, then not so great). At Heroes Con this year, I bought a raw All Winners, and being able to open the book and experience the look and smell was a treat.

6 hours ago, gadzukes said:

GRADE IS IN.......

6.5 Blue Label with OW pages.  Woo Hoo!!!

I'm pretty stoked, this is a tough book to find in higher grades. 

You guys were spot on with your grades.  I was hoping for 7.0, but I suspected 6.5 and that's what it got.

I think in context it should have been graded 6.5 FN++ :grin:

19 hours ago, gadzukes said:

GRADE IS IN.......

6.5 Blue Label with OW pages.  Woo Hoo!!!

I'm pretty stoked, this is a tough book to find in higher grades. 

You guys were spot on with your grades.  I was hoping for 7.0, but I suspected 6.5 and that's what it got.

Congrats and I was in the range!