• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ditko deserves an Artist edition

27 posts in this topic

Considering the fact that Steve Ditko was an Objectivist who followed the tenets of Ayn Rand, I think it is unlikely that his artwork will be donated to anyone, His will, if he left one, would probably state what he wants done with his possessions but making a charitable contribution would not be in keeping with his beliefs.

On 7/11/2018 at 12:55 AM, The Voord said:

David Mandel owns the complete book of ASM # 26 (plus several covers and the ASM # 7 splash, maybe more)

I wonder what David's thoughts are concerning an Artist edition hopefully he is in agreement. Issue 26 would be a great example of Ditko's work andI could see it selling well. Does anyone know David's forum name?

2 hours ago, tv horror said:

I wonder what David's thoughts are concerning an Artist edition hopefully he is in agreement. Issue 26 would be a great example of Ditko's work andI could see it selling well. Does anyone know David's forum name?

On Felix's podcast, it sounds like David is a huge supporter of the Artists edition format, contributing to several in the past.

Now, where do I get tickets to tour the Mandel museum of comic art....hm

2 hours ago, Catwoman_Fan said:

On Felix's podcast

Thank you for the link I was able to find a great interview on Youtube were David discusses Ditko's issue 28 of Amazing Spider-man, what a fantastic piece to own and Marie Severn gets a mention. which is very interesting as she was the person rumoured to have given the Amazing fantasy pages to the library of Congress.