• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Auction! Two Days! Massive 147-book Jonah Hex lot from All-Star Western #10 on!

10 posts in this topic

Y'know how some people start a thread with "just one book tonight?" Well, just 147 books tonight...

Welcome to the Hexbox auction, a 147-book Jonah Hex extravaganza. On average, much of the lot is high side of mid-grade, with books mostly between F and VF, though there are some outliers to either side. The All-Star Western #10 is more in the VG range, with centerfold detached at the top staple. I will provide a few exemplary pix; happy to add any by request.

The winning bidder gets: All-Star Western #10-12 & Weird Western Tales #13-38 (complete Jonah Hex run), Jonah Hex #1-92 (complete set), Hex #1-18 (complete set), Secret Origins #21, the 1977 Jonah Hex Spectacular, Vertigo Jonah Hex miniseries Riders of the Worm and Such (#1-5, complete) and a reader copy of the Jonah Hex Two-Gun Mojo TPB. Whew! Get hated by your postal carrier!

I offered this once before as a straight sale; let's have some fun and see what an auction does.

If I've missed any essential auction rules, someone please gently prod me and I will add/correct ASAP. I want this to be fun for anyone who is at all interested, so therefore opening bid will be low, bid increments will be low, and BIN will be fair but much greater than opening bid. 

Will ship U.S. Or Canada at actual cost. (FYI, I am in the northeast; I priced this to NYC at around $25 and LA at around $75. It's about 25-26 lbs of comics.)

Payment is Money Order or Check.

Returns: Sure, just notify me within three days of receipt and get it back to me on your dime in the same shape.

Don't be listy 

Auction-Specific rules: Auction opens soon as all initial pics are posted (coming ASAP) and closes at 11 pm EST on this coming Thursday, July 12. (To clarify, a 10:59 pm post is good; an 11 pm post is too late to qualify). In the unlikely event of a tie, we will panic, fret, consult a psychic, and think of something. After a nice sandwich.

Opening bid is $275

If you are close enough to easily meet in person, I am happy to meet and eliminate shipping. That said, I like my Dunkin black with a turbo shot. 

Bids are in whole dollars, with $1 minimum increments.

BIN is $900

More/different additional pix? Just ask! Bid (and krap) away!

Edited by Readcomix
Wrong date

9 hours ago, rjpb said:

The starting bid is a great deal, even with West Cost shipping. Surprised there's no bid, but sometimes the audience just isn't here.

Thank you; I was thinking that as well. It's amazing how books do get shared here, considering we are not that large of a population compared to auction house sites, eBay, etc. But as you said, even with a great deal, sometimes a book/lot sits because the right person just isn't in that audience. Likely the case here. But at this rate, someone might get a heck of a bargain in the next few hours by stumbling across it.