• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another 15% coupon from E-Bay - Until 11PM PT
3 3

54 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

I'm not going to settle for something that I don't really want just to use a coupon. E-Bay pricing is a joke. I've used a coupon for supplies but have yet to use it on a book.

How so?  There is a ton of over priced stuff but with some searches and best offers you really can't beat buying CGC keys for 5/10% under GPA.  I guess you could do better in a ComicLink auction but even that is hit or miss.

40 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

This does bring up an interesting discussion.  Why would a seller agree to GPA if they know a 15/20% coupon will come out in a couple months which will bring in the over GPA buyers.  But at this point is GPA being pushed upward by the 15% coupons which gives us a upward cycle with everyone involved.

I did a check at which CGC books sold yesterday and quite a few ASM 300s changed hands and most were over GPA so I'm wondering if the guy got his asking price.

I agree it's an interesting discussion - with these coupons coming up more frequently, who is entitled to the "benefit" of the coupon? Should it sell for what it would have before the coupon (whether that's at GPA, a bit above GPA if it's a hot book, or a bit below GPA if it's cool) and thus buyer gets all the benefit of the coupon? As a buyer, I will aim for this (ie. with Best Offer prices, I'll put my offer around GPA, knowing I'll get 10-15% off GPA with the coupon), but depending on how hot the book is, I'm ok with giving some of the "coupon value" to the seller. Agree with your point also that with more of these coupons coming out more frequently, there are some higher-than-GPA prices being reported because of that, which does skew the pricing higher than what it otherwise would be...

most of what I added were supplies.   I added a case of 2000 life x tenders plus and a case of 1000 resealable bags and boards.  filled out the order with a graded first series four color from A-1 

I made best offers on two CGC Charlton Peacemakers, and both were accepted. After applying the coupon, got a number 3 ow/w 9.2 for a net $42, and a number 4 white 9.4 for $73.  

If I weren't stuck on an IPad, I'd post some scans. :sorry:

On 7/12/2018 at 10:18 AM, 1Cool said:

This does bring up an interesting discussion.  Why would a seller agree to GPA if they know a 15/20% coupon will come out in a couple months which will bring in the over GPA buyers.  But at this point is GPA being pushed upward by the 15% coupons which gives us a upward cycle with everyone involved.

I did a check at which CGC books sold yesterday and quite a few ASM 300s changed hands and most were over GPA so I'm wondering if the guy got his asking price.

No idea but now states listing was ended by the seller as no longer available.

Regardless, I didn't need the book so no great loss but I did pick up something else below GPA so it all worked out.

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 2:01 PM, lizards2 said:

I made best offers on two CGC Charlton Peacemakers, and both were accepted. After applying the coupon, got a number 3 ow/w 9.2 for a net $42, and a number 4 white 9.4 for $73.  

If I weren't stuck on an IPad, I'd post some scans. :sorry:

s-l1600.jpgs-l1600.jpg

Will go well with my previous Peacemaker 2 purchase..., 

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by lizards2

I learned about this sale from another site and used it to buy several books I needed. It's the first time I've used a discount code, because I always figured it was for specific vendors, and would never apply to back issue comics. But since it did, in fact, deduct 15% from my total, I'm wondering how often does ebay do site-wide sales like this? I was surprised and really thrilled that it worked. I'm ready to shop!

1 minute ago, Pat Thomas said:

I learned about this sale from another site and used it to buy several books I needed. It's the first time I've used a discount code, because I always figured it was for specific vendors, and would never apply to back issue comics. But since it did, in fact, deduct 15% from my total, I'm wondering how often does ebay do site-wide sales like this? I was surprised and really thrilled that it worked. I'm ready to shop!

It's been happening at least once a month since January... unpredictable exactly when during a month...