• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will Stan Lee be at SDCC 2018 signing books?
3 3

15 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Adrian Murphy said:

Trying to get a Stan lee signing at San Diego Comic 2018 this year, does anybody know who CGC is having exclusive signings for?

I don't believe he'll be signing as far as I'm aware of.  The upcoming signings I've heard of are all private signings.  Reach out to @Kevlar who has a signing on July 23rd and another in August with him.

At his most recent "home signing" the facilitator broke the signing down into chunks of 400 books a day - a paltry number compared to his typical signings a year ago.  I heard a rumor that even the facilitator had to STOP THE SIGNING part way through the first 400 copies because "the signatures were so bad that he felt like he couldn't possible let customer's books get ruined by such terrible and unrecognizable signatures."  It appears Stan's macular degeneration is worse that we thought.

57 minutes ago, RadiantGraphix said:

At his most recent "home signing" the facilitator broke the signing down into chunks of 400 books a day - a paltry number compared to his typical signings a year ago.  I heard a rumor that even the facilitator had to STOP THE SIGNING part way through the first 400 copies because "the signatures were so bad that he felt like he couldn't possible let customer's books get ruined by such terrible and unrecognizable signatures."  It appears Stan's macular degeneration is worse that we thought.

God, at least the facilitator had the presence of mind to A) limit the number of signings a day and B) stop the signing.  The old guys would have just let him go on with complete disregard for his well being so long as they were bringing in the money.

It was a facilitator that has worked indirectly with Stan in the past so he knew what Stan's max should be like now days. Not sure if he's gonna be the one "long-term" but who knows with all the back and forth still kinda going on.  All I know is that I would NOT want to add a Stan signature to any of my books any time soon.  At least not to "keys" or valuable variants.  Not until I see some of the slabs that are coming back since late-Spring or the end of June.

35 minutes ago, RadiantGraphix said:

It was a facilitator that has worked indirectly with Stan in the past so he knew what Stan's max should be like now days. Not sure if he's gonna be the one "long-term" but who knows with all the back and forth still kinda going on.  All I know is that I would NOT want to add a Stan signature to any of my books any time soon.  At least not to "keys" or valuable variants.  Not until I see some of the slabs that are coming back since late-Spring or the end of June.

IMG_0416.thumb.jpeg.8658d1e07b3c2ca7254568b7fe86f91b.jpeg

From May 3rd Signing.   I have a few more coming back that I'm expecting end of this month or beginning of next (they had gone through CCS).  I've seen worst sigs of his, but definitely not what they used to be.

On the plus side, at least the signature is not in the middle of Wolvie's Face.

Edited by Drbearsec

12 hours ago, Drbearsec said:

IMG_0416.thumb.jpeg.8658d1e07b3c2ca7254568b7fe86f91b.jpeg

From May 3rd Signing.   I have a few more coming back that I'm expecting end of this month or beginning of next (they had gone through CCS).  I've seen worst sigs of his, but definitely not what they used to be.

On the plus side, at least the signature is not in the middle of Wolvie's Face.

God that's awful.  

It's for my PC.  It could affect resale in the future, but I have my doubts it will on the yellow label.  I mean hell, Miller's auto is way harder to tell what it is than Stan's current Signature.  Looking at what's sold on ebay, etc.  the market is there whether it has the newer, non-pretty stan autos or the older ones.  On a board like this, the older ones will fetch more buyers, but for the collectors a step below, I've yet to see any signs of it really affecting value.

That being said, it will be about 15 years or so before I sell this if all goes to plan for me retirement... so I'll worry about it then.

That being said, I've seen far worse stan autographs.  But those will be the last ones I send.  I got his sig on the books I wanted for my PC and I'm good.

Edited by Drbearsec

6 hours ago, Eric C. said:

Aesthetically, a Stan Lee blob of a signature placed in a dark area isn't pleasing to the eye and that's to be expected at this point in the game.  I still wonder why even get a Wolverine #1 signed by him since he had little to nothing to do with the character or that particular book.

This x 1000

Never understood getting his sig on books he did not write, yet see it all the time. ???

You need to know when to call it a day. Stan should spend his remaining time on this earth enjoying the fruits of his success... not grinding out signatures over stacks of comics, toys, statues, silly helmets, etc etc.

15 minutes ago, Mr. Zipper said:

This x 1000

Never understood getting his sig on books he did not write, yet see it all the time. ???

You need to know when to call it a day. Stan should spend his remaining time on this earth enjoying the fruits of his success... not grinding out signatures over stacks of comics, toys, statues, silly helmets, etc etc.

Whenever I see his sig on a Star Wars book I'm like "huh?" :S