• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Share your Strangest OA...
1 1

12 posts in this topic

Most of us have a pickup that’s plain weird.  Share yours and why. (:

In my case, I’d long wanted a McFarlane page.  The usual would be a Spidey or a Spawn, perhaps a Hulk.

But Cyclops and Iceman and Jean Grey and a very 80s character??

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1477061

My wife made me sell mine this month. And I was so proud the day I brought it home.

Tony Moore, The Exterminators. The lead character has to give CPR to the girl's pet rat. It doesn't go well.

554663266_TonyMooreTheExterminators14p19(Large).JPG.165143064b6bcc8a95c1244d2753479b.JPG

So my next strangest has to be my only commission... Driq from Criq, the undead Green Lantern by Joe Staton. Takes me right back to the old days every time.

882391568_JoeStatonGreenLanternDriqfromCriqNYCC(Large).thumb.jpg.f6a6b2d9884a92c5c8d3f63977fa8d64.jpg

At SCCC 2013 I was at Val Mayerik's table in artists alley flipping thru his artwork and found this. I asked him about it and it was just an idea that popped into his hear, Keith Richards of the Rolling Stones as the Joker. Being a HUGe Stones fan I couldn't pass it up. Val did a great job.

Keith_Joker.jpg

Piece 'a cake. 

These two pieces are concept art by Duke Mighten for a series idea which Grant Morrison had for a darker version of the Justice League before Justice League Dark. My understanding is that they were from the very late 1990's. If you can't recognize them, you've got good company. The first one is the Phantom Stranger. The second one is Plastic Man. And yes, I know they are on Marvel boards.

43DMiightenPS.gif

45DM-PlasticMan.gif

Edited by Rick2you2

1 hour ago, Ironmandrd said:

My art is all mainstream Marvel but here is an odd piece I saw at auction a few years back and put a tracking bid on it which turned out to be the winning bid.  It's by Everette Hartsoe.

Nun by Hartsoe.jpg

I think you forgot to show me this one the last time I was over. lol 

2 hours ago, delekkerste said:

I think you forgot to show me this one the last time I was over. lol 

I forgot I owned it!  But seeing this thread I suddenly recalled I had it and went back to the original auction site to get a pic.  :)   It was such an odd piece (and great use of blacks/whites) that I wanted to see where it ended up, not realizing that my two digit tracking bid would carry the day.