• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

(closed) thx!
3 3

59 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, NikoSleeps1991 said:

I swear you always beat me to the books that are on my wanted list. Give me a chance here Rick!

If you really want the book, just send Rick a PM.  He is easy to work with and books move through his collection rather quickly.  He is not a “black hole” collector like some of us.  

Ok people - just one book left to make this a clean sweep.  Master Comics 29 with WHITE pages!!  We're talking about a Raboy drawn Capt. Marvel Jr. whipping bound axis leaders!!  Are you kidding me?

Let me know if there's any interest and I'll probably be shutting the thread down about this time tomorrow.  Thanks for all the comments and purchases.

13 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

Glue

I think this is safe for work, but I was dozing at the end so no promises...

Great books, Danny!! 

I prefer the wired.

18 hours ago, dannyboy said:

This one hurts the most.  My single favorite GGA cover.

Blue Beetle #54 CGC 7.5 CROW pages

$7000 SOLD

Scan 438.jpeg

Congrats on the sale.  Truly awesome book!  I love this cover but every time I see it, I immediately want to know ... what happened to the bra straps across her back? hm  It wasn't just the nude that vanished.

18 hours ago, dannyboy said:

35 minutes ago, Jim Corrigan said:

Oh, darn!  I scrolled down too quickly and I missed the discussion of the bra straps above.  I don't know how that happened.  doh!

At least I know it wasn't just me that noticed.

Don't feel bad there are 5 different illustration errors on this cover!

1. The infamous Bra strap

2. Her left foot is 10x too small compared to her right

3 The green blouse - neither does it show in the mirror nor is the placement right (the shirt should be covering her face or the back of her head - make up your mind)

4. The mirror's foreshortening on her legs is 100% non existent and the mirror's perspective is curving? (the mirror is straight so this is wrong).

5. the killers knife blade is 1' and impotent

It's almost like someone took a hit of acid and did this classic cover in 5 minutes!

lol

4 minutes ago, Wally's Comics said:

Don't feel bad there are 5 different illustration errors on this cover!

1. The infamous Bra strap

2. Her left foot is 10x too small compared to her right

3 The green blouse - neither does it show in the mirror nor is the placement right (the shirt should be covering her face or the back of her head - make up your mind)

4. The mirror's foreshortening on her legs is 100% non existent and the mirror's perspective is curving? (the mirror is straight so this is wrong).

5. the killers knife blade is 1' and impotent

It's almost like someone took a hit of acid and did this classic cover in 5 minutes!

lol

Thanks for letting me off the hook, Wally.  I did notice the left foot but, strangely, I never truly made it past the missing bra strap.  :roflmao:

14 hours ago, NikoSleeps1991 said:

I was at work... you know.... saving up trying to afford these books Rick keeps on buying!

I'd hate to see these guys credit card bill.
Some of these dudes around here are a creditor's wet dream...  just sayin'.

On 7/13/2018 at 3:16 PM, Hudson said:
On 7/13/2018 at 3:22 AM, NikoSleeps1991 said:

I swear you always beat me to the books that are on my wanted list. Give me a chance here Rick!

If you really want the book, just send Rick a PM.  He is easy to work with and books move through his collection rather quickly.  He is not a “black hole” collector like some of us.  

Yes, definitely the case.

@NikoSleeps1991 just be ready to pounce when it gets listed for sale again. The flip usually comes very soon.

@Hudson"black hole" collector :x

Edited by Gotham Kid

Ok - I'm going to close out this thread.  Again, thank you to all who purchased and to those who commented.  My .02 is that unless there is some sentimental attachment to a book (like OO or who gave it to you or whatever), books can always come around again.  It hurts to sell books you love, but I think it'll be ok because trying to reacquire same or similar is a good project for later years.  (thumbsu