• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where to find a Facilitator and a Witness at a Local Comic Store Signing

5 posts in this topic

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 9:12 PM, Supermarbie said:

Hello,

There will be an upcoming signing of a comic book artist at a local comic book shop in the next week. How do I and where do I find any facilitator and a witness on the signing event?

Thank you.

Ian

The #1 thing you can do to improve your chances is to make things as easy as possible for the people who might consider helping you out. 

I'd guess that most people on this board wouldn't know where the Chula Vista Mall is without looking it up.  Give a city and a state and consider providing a link to the comic store in question.

Also, there is no mention of the artist's name.  Typically, there are minimum submission requirements for a con or a store signing.  An amateur local artist may not garner much interest, but I big name artist who doesn't do many conventions possibly could. 

What I'm trying to say is that by playing this close to the vest, you're not doing yourself any favors.  The more forthcoming you are with the details, the more likely you are to find someone to help you out.

Good luck!

https://www.facebook.com/events/649945908712959/

There will be a signing event at the Chula Vista mall location of Comic-n-Stuff ( 555 Broadway, Chula Vista, CA 91910) on Wednesday, July 18th, from 1-3pm. The artist will be Mirka Andolfo. Will there be a facilitator and a witness coming from CGC there?

Also, at the same day from 2-5pm at Comickaze in Liberty Station....2750 Historic Decatur Rd #101, San Diego, CA 92106.  Farmhand creator Rob Guillory will be signing there. Any CGC facilitator and witness coming there? Thanks.

Ian

Edited by Supermarbie
Added another book signing

Typically, for most signings, CGC SS facilitators are looking for a certain number of submissions to make it 'worth' their time.  Its likely that the comic book store would know if CGC will have a rep/facilitator there.  Call up the comic book store.  If they don't know about it, there probably isn't one. 

BUT that doesn't mean that the situation can't change, you can probably offer an INSANE amount of money and a facilitator will show up.  A lot of the facilitators will be in San Diego during the week for comic con anyways, so a big bounty might get it done.  Good luck.