• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what a week I’m having
1 1

50 posts in this topic

On Tuesday I picked up some silver/bronze marvel books from someone I picked up books from in the past

nothing major but decent keys JIM 103, Cap 100, Thor 165/166. Of course those books were put up on eBay to make up some of the cost for the purchase of the remaining 90+ books

then yesterday morning I went to an estate sale and found a bunch of Millie 12 Marvel books at a decent price 

I’m on top of the world living the comic book dream until I get a call from my wife

she said it’s bad and proceeds to send me the following pics

Some of the books were books that had sold recently on eBay 

complete and total loss. 

Buyers were notified and I provided proof that indeed my dog ate/destroyed my comics

Many were understanding but I suspect many were upset they weren’t getting what they purchased 

The worst part is the other 2 boxes were far more accessible and she ignored all my Indy drek 

I think the smell of old silver age books got to her and that why she focused on those 

1 hour ago, jsilverjanet said:

The worst part is the other 2 boxes were far more accessible and she ignored all my Indy drek 

I think the smell of old silver age books got to her and that why she focused on those 

There are bunch of sellers in the C/M section trying to move this stuff, its being ignored as well.

Oof, I empathize... I've got a 3yr old 8lb Maltipoo that does enjoy chewing things up. She used to go after our shoes mostly (so we have to keep them more or less in the closet now), but she loves paper things (paper towels, tissues, even loose paper) so we try our best to keep from being accessible. I'm lucky she doesn't open boxes, although I keep my comic boxes in a drawer (more for the toddlers than the dog), but ugh that hurts...