• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most disturbing Crime or PCH cover
4 4

132 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Robot Man said:

Hope you don't mind if I break the rules if I were to post a few non-horror/crime titles that I feel really crossed over the line. I have a lot more non-horror/crime examples but I don't want to derail fifties thread.

comexciting39paul.jpg

comfightingyank13.jpg

comfightingyank18.jpg

did the nazi's ever really poison candy for children, or is that just comic propaganda?

3 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Hope you don't mind if I break the rules if I were to post a few non-horror/crime titles that I feel really crossed over the line. I have a lot more non-horror/crime examples but I don't want to derail fifties thread.

comexciting39paul.jpg

comfightingyank13.jpg

comfightingyank18.jpg

Not minded by me. Very disturbing! :whatthe:

1 hour ago, porcupine48 said:

One of my all time favourite covers,this one is just haunting and so full of dread.I can't put my finger on why it's so disturbing,but it lingers.

6961266822_f0ce924c6d_b.jpg

Maybe because it looks like a Weiner?

Edited by retrocomics
Because I can't say

9 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Brian you are all right. Larry missed out on a copy in a recent Boards sale and said he’s been looking for one for like 15 years. I didn’t realize it was so scarce. 

Now it better not turn up on eBay or a Boards sale... :sumo:

Don't need to worry about that. This one's a keeper.

10 hours ago, fifties said:

From what I understand, Bill Ekgren had these depictions as paintings, and the comic publisher bought them, or the rights, to use as comic book covers.  Ekgren later committed suicide.  Here's two of mine;

I believe Ekgren is still alive and living in Sweden. Born in 1918, he would be 100 years old in June! Would that make him the oldest living comic book artist?  He acknowledged his existence in a letter in 2010.

http://thecomicsdetective.blogspot.com/2010/05/letter-from-william-ekgren.html

37 minutes ago, jpepx78 said:

I believe Ekgren is still alive and living in Sweden. Born in 1918, he would be 100 years old in June! Would that make him the oldest living comic book artist?  He acknowledged his existence in a letter in 2010.

Thx for the link; very informative.

1 hour ago, jpepx78 said:

Yes, thank you for posting this! (thumbsu