• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I remember when

40 posts in this topic

This is a topic about the good old days, what topics do you remember in the good old days worth heated discussions about, that now gets a thread easily locked for?

I remember the days when you can talk about your dissatisfaction, whether it was with cgc, someone else or some other presser. you could talk about restoration or pressing or grading, without being censored.

What do you miss?

Times have changed, I get it, just reminiscing. It's Friday night! Remember those days!

13 minutes ago, MastrCntrlProgram said:

This is a topic about the good old days, what topics do you remember in the good old days worth heated discussions about, that now gets a thread easily locked for?

I remember the days when you can talk about your dissatisfaction, whether it was with cgc, someone else or some other presser. you could talk about restoration or pressing or grading, without being censored.

What do you miss?

Times have changed, I get it, just reminiscing. It's Friday night! Remember those days!

This is clickbait aint it?:)

9 hours ago, MastrCntrlProgram said:

What do you miss?

I remember when you first started to press and restore books.  You practiced on books of low value.  Each year, your work got better and better, to the point where CGC noted your work as P instead of A.    Way to go Mike.  

2 hours ago, comicdonna said:

I remember when you first started to press and restore books.  You practiced on books of low value.  Each year, your work got better and better, to the point where CGC noted your work as P instead of A.    Way to go Mike.  

Agree 100%. He took a beating in those early threads and stayed respectful and kept soaking up knowledge. I've never used his services but it really was great to see him turn his passion into a business, very impressive.

I remember the guy, forget his name, who used to brag about knowing Hugh Hefner, going out with Playmates and having dinner with big celebrities. That made for a lot of fun threads.

15 minutes ago, paperheart said:

Lancashire Kitchens

Sadly missed.

For me, that short period was the Golden Age of the boards.

On 7/15/2018 at 11:09 AM, Larryw7 said:

I remember the guy, forget his name, who used to brag about knowing Hugh Hefner, going out with Playmates and having dinner with big celebrities. That made for a lot of fun threads.

His name was Trump.

6 hours ago, Robot Man said:

I remember when you could hand the lady at a card table 5 bucks and just walk into the San Diego Comic Con ...  ?

I remember when dealers at comic conventions had their books in cardboard boxes..... no bags and boards ….. and the price for the book was written in pencil on the back cover.... usually less than 10 dollars. You also had to keep them organized and out of sight at home, or your Mom would throw them away. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu