• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Quills from the Crypt
4 4

281 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, sagii said:

..Surprising. Wouldn't have thought it'd be this. For some reason i thought Chamber of Chills 19 was your favorite book. Well either way, been enjoying the show, always good to see someones last book to go. 

A lot of sentimental value in this one.There's a nasty story behind that CoC and it's missing double.It's almost a spite book now,so yeah,it's up there with the last to golol 

7 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

Hi gang(is anyone out there?)

I forgot I had a pic of this available.Here's one of the most violent pre code books I I own,from my pal @fifties 

I dig the loving fixin' up someone did ages ago down in the right corner.If you have not read the Giggling Killer,well,it's not for the weak of heart!

Here's a link

http://comicbookplus.com/?dlid=40611

YiIr0CM.jpg?1

The Giggling Killer is one of the top five pre-code stories. If it was depicted on the cover, this book would go for a fortune.

10 minutes ago, telerites said:

Canadian edition I am guessing, Jimmers

That was my suspicion,but everything else seems normal.Printed in USA ect,no mention of Canada,and all adds are for American companies.Some years ago I compared it with the copy on ComicBook+ and the only difference is the price.Same indica,same adds.I have a fairly large collection of Canadian eds,and this one has me stumped-I didn't even buy it as one or notice the price for some time.I got it from someone in Las Vegas,it came with this odd book too,with the black 'ribbon'.The other book I bought in that order,Big Three,is normal.

I think it's the only Quality comic with that variation anyone here has seen.Just makes me love it all the more. :cloud9:

LAFQXrN.jpg

2 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

That was my suspicion,but everything else seems normal.Printed in USA ect,no mention of Canada,and all adds are for American companies.Some years ago I compared it with the copy on ComicBook+ and the only difference is the price.Same indica,same adds.I have a fairly large collection of Canadian eds,and this one has me stumped-I didn't even buy it as one or notice the price for some time.I got it from someone in Las Vegas,it came with this odd book too,with the black 'ribbon'.The other book I bought in that order,Big Three,is normal.

I think it's the only Quality comic with that variation anyone here has seen.Just makes me love it all the more. :cloud9:

Interesting and cool.

Love the Quality books, Jimmers.  All great stuff.

4 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

Thank you.This post for Sagii,who I believe digs the bunnies. :foryou:

xvXd4IJ.jpg?2

:applause:Love it Jimmers! Yes, Bugs had a way of me eventually branching out to other 'Wabbit' covers (Super-Rabbit, Hoppy, etc).

Here's one for you  :foryou: (if you don't mind me hijacking your Thread for a sec :D )

I know you love Superior, especially the Romance. One of these just ended on eBay this week at a very healthy price. It';s got hallmarks of the Iger Shop on the cover and the interior. Cool Yellow cover. 

My Secret Marriage #19.jpg

Here's one with a story!A long time ago this was maybe the second comic I purchased from the boards,maybe early 2009?

Has a bit of sentimentality to it as well as it was the first time I was in touch with someone who has become a good friend to me here.I've purchased a few more from you since @jimjum12 but this one will always be extra special. :cloud9:

77733.jpg.73abe4c65e27e6bcdadb747decd12969.jpg

(If any of you gang really dig it,there happens to be one for sale right now in g/s/b)

On 7/26/2018 at 5:06 PM, porcupine48 said:

Here's one with a story!A long time ago this was maybe the second comic I purchased from the boards,maybe early 2009?

Has a bit of sentimentality to it as well as it was the first time I was in touch with someone who has become a good friend to me here.I've purchased a few more from you since @jimjum12 but this one will always be extra special. :cloud9:

77733.jpg.73abe4c65e27e6bcdadb747decd12969.jpg

(If any of you gang really dig it,there happens to be one for sale right now in g/s/b)

Very cool story and book.

On 9/8/2018 at 5:32 PM, Robot Man said:

Man this threads been lost in action for quite some time...

Saw this in an issue of Super Duck and it reminded me of you.

What's up little buddy?

IMG_3609.jpg

Chillin and quillin my friend!

Love the comic!