• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Worlds finest 3 or detective 73 ?

55 posts in this topic

I know Wf3 is the first appearance of the scarecrow, and detective 73 is the only golden age cover, but what book has more value or is more sought after. I can’t really get behind the cover of WF3, Batman robin and Superman playing baseball. Detective 73 giant scarecrow. 

I have the Batman 189 , and I’m debating getting one of these 2, just want to hear some opinions. Leaning towards tec 73 only because the cover 

Or should I just see if I can snag an all American comics 61, would rather have that over showcase 55 

Edited by Jking3437

Tec 73 is probably the better investment, but I'd much rather have WF 3. The baseball cover used to be considered a classic and is still great in my opinion, and the Scarecrow story is much better than the one in Tec 73(again, my opinion). Plus you get Superman and other fun stuff as a bonus.

'Tec #73. Great cover, and Scarecrow isn't an important enough villain to get overly excited about WF #3. Sure, it's a key of sorts, and for the Batman villain fan, worth looking for, but if I was to only buy one, it would be the 'Tec without a second thought. 

1 hour ago, Gotham Kid said:

Should have won that 9.0 for 10K in a ComicLink auction a couple yrs ago. doh!

You wouldn’t have won it for close to 10k ;)

18 hours ago, Jking3437 said:

Or should I just see if I can snag an all American comics 61, would rather have that over showcase 55 

That would be my choice, but a Bat book is going to have far more appeal in the long term

2 minutes ago, Jking3437 said:

Now I’m debating on getting the 73 , gator when you land in SdCC let me know what you have 

Not selling any at the moment. Might take one to Tampa con for sale, but tec73 doesn’t make the sdcc “cut”