• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baltimore Comic Con
2 2

17 posts in this topic

Been attending for the past couple of years (since I'm in Maryland). Definitely a great show! 

Good show to talk to dealers and the like. More artist and writer based as well. 

As for pics, I could post a couple for ya  (thumbsu The countdown has begun! 

(also depends what kind of pics you want to see?)

58 minutes ago, Stevemmg said:

More magazine selection than Ive seen in years at the Chicago show this weekend. I bought more than 150 in the last two day. Most notably, 15 highgrade Skywalds and Blazing Combat 1 (ok, not many of those in the room).   Good selection of Warrens and Marvels at many booths. 

Thanks for the update! Those high grade Skywalds are tough to find...

On 8/24/2018 at 6:34 PM, Stevemmg said:

More magazine selection than Ive seen in years at the Chicago show this weekend. I bought more than 150 in the last two day. Most notably, 15 highgrade Skywalds and Blazing Combat 1 (ok, not many of those in the room).   Good selection of Warrens and Marvels at many booths. 

@Stevemmg Very Curious to know what kind of prices you saw for what books and what grades roughly?  HG Skywalds are not easy to come by so always like hearing what's going on; on the street.

7 hours ago, bounty_coder said:

@Stevemmg Very Curious to know what kind of prices you saw for what books and what grades roughly?  HG Skywalds are not easy to come by so always like hearing what's going on; on the street.

Me too! get lots of pics for us .:banana:

On 8/25/2018 at 2:34 AM, Stevemmg said:

Where's the pics?:taptaptap:

9 hours ago, Stevemmg said:

Had to pay a healthy record price for that. Thought I might still find a nice copy in the wild, but no such luck. 

Yeah I would think not. 

The good though, there's probably 1% in that grade or higher.

Steve's a machine.  If you listen closely when you're searching magazines on ebay, you'll hear a soft, constant, sucking sound.  That's Steve consuming all of the high grade mags.  He's looking for absolutely newsstand fresh, perfect or nearly perfect copies and his standards are unmatched.  Books that CGC would grade 9.6 are barely 9.2s to him.  He has bionic eyes capable of detecting the smallest of imperfections and his optical nerves can switch to a black light spectrum kind of like the aliens in Predator.  When he bags his mags, he uses not 1, not 2, but 3 Gerber Full-backs for each book in a Mylite 2.  A few years ago, he came halfway to completing a complete set of Gaines File Copies before turning back from the summit.  For those unfamiliar, that's over 200 Gaines File Copies!  His job requires him to travel long distances all over the midwest.  No comic shop in the Dakotas, Minnesota, Wisconsin, or Illinois is safe from his insatiable appetite for ultra-high grade books.

We're in the presence of a legend, boys.  And his name... is Steve Rogers.