• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How quickly should attacks from the Chinese Mafia be dealt with?

How quickly should attacks from the Chinese Mafia be dealt with?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. How quickly should attacks from the Chinese Mafia be dealt with? 😃😠😷

• Quickly 😃
    • Not quickly 😠
    • Never mind that, I'm covered in Newton Rings. DO SOMETHING! 😷
  2. 2. Should Dena change her name to 'Warrior Princess Dena of Adminicus, Spam Slayer'?

60 posts in this topic

I had translated one of the posts, in one of the posts that got wiped.  It was a scam to get a fake College Degree.  It was quite funny as one of the reasons, they gave to get one, was because it is difficult to verify if it was real or fake.  I guess they don't realize you could have Googled any of the college names and found they weren't real?

29 minutes ago, aszumilo said:

I had translated one of the posts, in one of the posts that got wiped.  It was a scam to get a fake College Degree.  It was quite funny as one of the reasons, they gave to get one, was because it is difficult to verify if it was real or fake.  I guess they don't realize you could have Googled any of the college names and found they weren't real?

What? They're not real?  Oh fudge doh!

13 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

This is also not the first time that they've done this to the boards...

I remember back before the boards changed to "new", it happened then too.  

I remember. A number of them died trying and a few boardies helped remove the bodies. I managed three but I lost count of how many Harry carried.

Edited by Get Marwood & I

1 hour ago, Get Marwood & I said:

I remember. A number of them died trying and a few boardies helped remove the bodies. I managed three but I lost count of how many Harry carried.

Anybody? 

1 hour ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Anybody? 

corrrrrnnnnny....but acceptable. I almost committed harry kerry over that one. 

1 hour ago, Mr.Mcknowitall said:

corrrrrnnnnny....but acceptable. I almost committed harry kerry over that one. 

Like a bit of corn me Mr Mc K.

I received a book back from CGC today finally. Trouble is, it had a load of really heavy precious metal bands on it. Shiny, so they weren't old. I thought "they're new tonne rings."

Just now, ExNihilo said:

Ah geez.  They're back.  I wonder who decided "ah ha!  that community of nerds will make an excellent target of our attack."  smh.

This is possibly the worst multiple spam attack ever on the boards.

It used to be one or two at once, but nothing quite this concentrated, and quite so tedious as a result.

1 minute ago, Ken Aldred said:

This is possibly the worst multiple spam attack ever on the boards.

It used to be one or two at once, but nothing quite this concentrated, and quite so tedious as a result.

Frankly, I'm surprised.  There is no malicious link to click.  The language barrier means it's easily dismissed.  The effort required to program something to create multiple accounts and then spam the message boards seems like a total waste when there's zero possibility of any financial gain.  It's all more of a nuisance than anything else.

• Administrator

Hey guys!

Thanks for the heads up on this. The spammers who have joined/posted in the last 30 minutes or so have been banned.

We're looking into several options for blocking these spam posts proactively instead of reactively. In the meantime, I've adjusted settings so that new accounts can only post once in the 24 hour period after their chat boards account is initially created. This should help limit the amount of spam threads in the short term, but the downside is that real users will run into this same restriction if they try to post more than once in the first day :sorry: 

Hopefully we can get a better solution in place fairly quickly so that we don't have to limit posts from new accounts so severely.

Until a better, more permanent solution is in place, you'll probably continue to see spam threads. I can't promise that someone will be available to block them 24 hours a day, but please continue to report them and they'll be cleaned up as quickly as possible.

Thanks for your patience!

Scott

9 hours ago, Scott =) said:

Hey guys!

Thanks for the heads up on this. The spammers who have joined/posted in the last 30 minutes or so have been banned.

We're looking into several options for blocking these spam posts proactively instead of reactively. In the meantime, I've adjusted settings so that new accounts can only post once in the 24 hour period after their chat boards account is initially created. This should help limit the amount of spam threads in the short term, but the downside is that real users will run into this same restriction if they try to post more than once in the first day :sorry: 

Hopefully we can get a better solution in place fairly quickly so that we don't have to limit posts from new accounts so severely.

Until a better, more permanent solution is in place, you'll probably continue to see spam threads. I can't promise that someone will be available to block them 24 hours a day, but please continue to report them and they'll be cleaned up as quickly as possible.

Scott

It is 6:22 AM Eastern time.

The Plan is not woiking.....they are still here.

It is time to call in a negotiator and ask them what they want.....:idea:

I will volunteer. I can't promise I won't start a war, but.......

My negotiations worked. They were the best ever. Nobody else has ever had this great a negotiation.

We are in the clear for now, but I will continue to be strong for all of us.

They only wanted Cherry Boy Freedom for Woody, but sadly the Mods would not agree. I had to settle for a (imitation knock-off but they don't know it) Dr.X Hanky Mask.

You Are Welcome.:acclaim:

The things that should be said, are not said.

The things that should happen, do not happen.

The support that should manifest, does not manifest.

The blocks that are carefully placed - interlocking - are not seen as a wall.

Joy is elusive, hate and envy immediate.

And that's the way we all go.

On 7/16/2018 at 7:55 PM, Scott =) said:

Hey guys!

Scott

They're back in the modern forum...

• Administrator

Heads up: we've made some additional updates to restrict spam activity, which I announced here: https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/436839-update-on-spam-threads/

Based on the changes in that announcement, we also reverted the change I mentioned in this thread (only allowing new members to post once in the first 24 hours) back to the old value.

Stay tuned! :bump: