• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thanks to LA COMIC ART CON!
1 1

10 posts in this topic

Just want to shout a quick thanks to Chuck Costas, Steve Wyatt, Steve Morger and John Dolmayan. They put on a fantastic first comic art show in LA on Sunday. It was a great kick off for SDCC this week and I certainly hope they will put it on again next year. Great to see everyone who came to the show!

Here is the PANEL PAGE ART display booth we had set up at the show.

Thanks!

Glen

panal LAcomic.jpg

Yes, “relaxed atmosphere” is a good way to describe the show. I was very surprised at the attention dealers paid to me, a small timer, especially by you, Chuck. No crowds to fight over attention; you had a question about a piece, you got a quick response. I hope the show goes on next year and to whomever was on the fence about making the trip, it’s worth it. (I flew in for the day from Northern California.)

On 7/16/2018 at 9:19 PM, Jay Olie Espy said:

No crowds to fight over attention; you had a question about a piece, you got a quick response. I hope the show goes on next year and to whomever was on the fence about making the trip, it’s worth it. (I flew in for the day from Northern California.)

My group of 3 flew in for the weekend from BC, Canada.

Solid OA and vintage comic con, and excellent museums to visit around L.A. like Getty Center (The Irises), Huntington Library/Museums (Blue Boy), L.A. County Museum (Picassos, Kandinsky, etc). Ultimate con had a lot more BWS OA than I expected plus an incredible Steranko double page splash from circa Capt America #110 or 111:

E4bAnCm.jpg

Once again, I wanted to thank everyone that made it out to the 1st LA Ultimate Comic Art & Collectibles Show last Sunday.  We were pleased with the results of the show – most dealers seemed to be making money and the collectors appreciated having easy access to a top notch line up of exhibitors/art in a relaxed environment.   There were many people en route to San Diego, but also others who weren't going down to the show and were excited to be able to get a shot at buying the variety of material in the room.  

We’ll continue to gather feedback on how we can continue to improve, but we received overwhelming encouragement to continue the show.  So, please save the date for the show next year on Sunday July 14, 2019!  Details to follow.

For those that couldn’t attend, we wanted to give everyone a little feel for what it was like to be there along a deeper dive look of the art that was brought out to the show.  Check out two videos we produced re-capping the show: one focused on the dealers at the show and one focused on the artists. These videos are just one more thing we wanted to do to make this show a little different.  They can be found by going to the show website (www.UltimateLAShow.com) or you can link to them directly here:

Dealers:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LpM8h5ppoY&feature=youtu.be

Artists:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bMdVK9I-Ao&feature=youtu.be

Again, thanks to all the dealers and collectors that supported us.  And for those that couldn’t attend, we hope to see you next year!

-Chuck Costas

On 7/18/2018 at 7:44 PM, aardvark88 said:

My group of 3 flew in for the weekend from BC, Canada.

Solid OA and vintage comic con, and excellent museums to visit around L.A. like Getty Center (The Irises), Huntington Library/Museums (Blue Boy), L.A. County Museum (Picassos, Kandinsky, etc). Ultimate con had a lot more BWS OA than I expected plus an incredible Steranko double page splash from circa Capt America #110 or 111:

E4bAnCm.jpg

Necropost, of sorts. Does anyone remember who has the BWS OA seen in this pic?

4 hours ago, cstojano said:

If @aardvark88 can’t answer you, then my guess is that it’s Stuart Ng’s booth. You might want to start there. Check out his website at Stuart Ng’s Books. If it’s not him, it may be his neighbor at the con. 

6 hours ago, cstojano said:

The BWS OA to Red Nails is owned by Mike Thibodeaux, who put together the book shown in the above photo.  I'm pretty sure that the "OA" shown in the picture is a reproduction (quite possibly just cut out from the book) that Mike brings to shows for display purposes, as he had several reproductions (not originals) at the last SDCC or two.  

The Steranko Cap DPS is also owned by Mike.  I believe he consigned it to Metropolis during SDCC 2018 as I saw Vincent pick it up from Mike's booth. 

Edited by delekkerste