• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

David Finch Commission Addition

14 posts in this topic

I bought this David Finch Tomb Raider piece from a dealer.  Then I got to meet David and he added a Wonder Woman to it.  Told me next time we meet that he would add a third figure to it, maybe witchblade or supergirl.  I haven't decided yet.  I wanted to know, did the Wonder Woman addition help the piece or not?  Wanted to get your thoughts.

IMG_1335.JPG

IMG_1340.JPG

5 minutes ago, gabadilla said:

Agreed! Richard Friend would be a great fit for this one. Love his inks over Finch. 

Ive talked to Richard about inking it.  He said it wouldnt be a problem.  I might wait until I get the third character so its just a one time job.

27 minutes ago, Grails said:

It’s your opinion that counts but if you ask me, I love the drawings. I wouldn’t add Supergirl since DC is already represented so I’d go with Witchblade or Dazzler or Red Sonja. Could even squeeze in a partial figure to the left of Wonder Woman. I would have some fun with it getting a representation from different brands.  

Thats a good idea, by having Witchblade since shes from a different company

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 3:30 PM, RB3 said:

I bought this David Finch Tomb Raider piece from a dealer.  Then I got to meet David and he added a Wonder Woman to it.  Told me next time we meet that he would add a third figure to it, maybe witchblade or supergirl.  I haven't decided yet.  I wanted to know, did the Wonder Woman addition help the piece or not?  Wanted to get your thoughts.

IMG_1335.JPG

IMG_1340.JPG

Can you erase Laura Croft? Because that WW is killer, and I am not a fan for Tomb raider or that LC. Finch is so much better as an artist right now that he was 12 years ago.

It may be a little tough to add a figure on the right. To maintain proportionality of the figures, and balance across the page for all 3 figures, a third figure may have to be partially obscured by Laura's gun hand.

5 hours ago, Rick2you2 said:

It may be a little tough to add a figure on the right. To maintain proportionality of the figures, and balance across the page for all 3 figures, a third figure may have to be partially obscured by Laura's gun hand.

Not if he adds Modok. 

On 7/17/2018 at 11:35 AM, Pirate said:

and then sell it immediately like G-Man would

I think I will be keeping this.  Getting to watch David draw WW in front of me was just amazing.  More of a personal piece for me.

22 hours ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

Can you erase Laura Croft? Because that WW is killer, and I am not a fan for Tomb raider or that LC. Finch is so much better as an artist right now that he was 12 years ago.

HAHA,  actually i like the TR and i like the comparison of a 2006 figure vs a 2018 figure on the same piece.  

7 hours ago, RB3 said:

HAHA,  actually i like the TR and i like the comparison of a 2006 figure vs a 2018 figure on the same piece.  

You have something cool going here and I was thinking you should have David Finch add something in the year 2030 :wishluck: