• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sticker on Comic
1 1

7 posts in this topic

Greetings! As I have been re-bagging/boarding comics recently, I realized five of these have a store sticker on the cover. Any experience or ideas with this? The comic is a 9.8 without the sticker, though I'm thinking this will drop the grade considerably as a foreign object.

Thank you for your time.

Sticker 1.jpg

Sticker 2.jpg

In my experience the drop will be to no less than 7.5. I had some signed books early in Celebrity Authentics existence where they put the authentication sticker on my book. The store sticker will be treated no better than that, and probably worse.

9 hours ago, Bomber-Bob said:

In my experience, even if you get the sticker off cleanly, it leaves a shadow. My question to you, is this book really worth submitting ?

Thank you for your reply. No I do not plan on submitting these as I have been replacing bags/boards/boxes and doing some re-inventory. . I just never had a comic with stickers on the front cover.

3 hours ago, seanfingh said:

In my experience the drop will be to no less than 7.5. I had some signed books early in Celebrity Authentics existence where they put the authentication sticker on my book. The store sticker will be treated no better than that, and probably worse.

Thank you for the info, I appreciate it.

Unless you specifically request a blue label, books with stickers get a green, qualified label. 

With the green label, the defect (the sticker) has NO EFFECT on the numeric grade. If it is in fact a 9.8 copy, it will get a 9.8 grade. But the label will be the Qualified Green label. Not the universal blue. The sticker will be noted in the text on the label. 

I have no idea what grade the book will get if you specifically ask for a blue label and have the sticker count as a defect for the purposes of assigning a numeric grade. Seanfingh's estimate of 7.5 is as good as any, but it could be lower still. 

Edited by Tony S