• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Were the bob Kane file copies sold on CC a few years back trimmed ?

10 posts in this topic

33 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

Thanks Peter.  So some were and some weren’t. The two I saw ( Tec 27 & Bats 1) are not. I just assumed because they were in a bound volume that all copies would be trimmed.  Apparently not the case .......

13 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

or maybe the 2 biggest books had the "trimmed" notation purposely left out.

It does seem odd that those 2 books would not be noted  trimmed while the rest were ?  Assume they all came from the same volume (or maybe 2 volumes ) ?? 

8 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:
8 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

or maybe the 2 biggest books had the "trimmed" notation purposely left out.

It does seem odd that those 2 books would not be noted  trimmed while the rest were ?  Assume they all came from the same volume (or maybe 2 volumes ) ?? 

Never could understand why the people who bound the books back in those days did not simply bind them with a larger cover so that the trimming of the books themselves would not have been necessary?  :screwy:

That would have made a lot more sense to me and also made the job a lot easier and faster to complete.

9 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

They were all trimmed. Borock stated the “bound” volume notation was also an indicator 

Thanks. Good to know. Still curious as to why the choice was made where labels with more notes had it noted while the 27 & 1 did not. I don’t think it’s anything nefarious just find it strange especially if they all came in to get get graded together ( which I assume ). One last question :  All 4 sides trimmed ??

Edited by Chicago Boy

4 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

Thanks. Good to know. Still curious as to why the choice was made where labels with more notes had it noted while the 27 & 1 did not. I don’t think it’s anything nefarious just find it strange especially if they all came in to get get graded together ( which I assume ). One last question :  All 4 sides trimmed ??

It’s rare for all 4 sides to be trimmed. It’s typically the 3 non spine sides. 

Edited by G.A.tor