• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Canada, eh? sales thread
4 4

156 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, thunsicker said:

I must be doing it wrong.  I just ship through usps.com and they pick it up off my front porch.  Just have to declare what you’re sending and a slight difference in cost, other than that it’s exactly like shipping to the US.

EDIT:  Oh, and Andy, sorry for crapping your sales thread.  Good luck with the sales!

No trouble at all. :grin: 

3 minutes ago, Wally's Comics said:

The heck with it, I'm gonna run a new sales thread with only accepting fresh snozzberries as payment currency...

That'll show those crazy canucks!

'Merica!!!!

b3452b901439debe91ab30a43471cc9b.jpg.0b2

Do it! :baiting: 

11 hours ago, thunsicker said:
12 hours ago, Ryan. said:

I will ship to Canada BUT doing so requires going to the post office and completing the transaction with a postal worker, whereas US shipping is entirely automated.

I must be doing it wrong.  I just ship through usps.com and they pick it up off my front porch.  Just have to declare what you’re sending and a slight difference in cost, other than that it’s exactly like shipping to the US.

EDIT:  Oh, and Andy, sorry for crapping your sales thread.  Good luck with the sales!

same here, but let me be clear, F those Canadians :sumo: 

- they've made up at least 50% of my long term sales on these here boards..  :sumo: 

Edited by lizards2
unrepentent for thread krapping...,

1 hour ago, thunsicker said:

That is actually exciting news if so. I’ve shipped to Canada for as long as I’ve sold here, but I’ve always believed that did require a trip over to the post office and a wait in line behind my fellow New Yorkers so that the package could be weighed and scanned in. Will try arranging a USPS pickup next time.  :wishluck: 

5 hours ago, thirdgreenham said:

I sell and ship comics to the US about 4 days a week, nearly every single week.  

It’s not hard in the least bit and takes me about 30 seconds to 1 minute longer to prepare the necessary form.  

What bugs me is the multitude of “US only” sales, and how they constistently show up.

So, the point of this thread wasn’t necessarily to sell books, it was to bring up this case of “I’m not going to ship to you” to people who have probably never had this “problem” before.  

Hopefully a few of the US sellers that usually don’t ship to Canada see this thread, read this post, and reconsider when they have their next sales thread.  

It cant be that difficult.  Plus, Canadians typically don’t mind paying for shipping. :preach: 

One day I’ll do a sales thread where I only ship to people living in places that start with the letter C so you’ll be included....:devil:

Andy, one of the things that has held me back has been the apparent inability to get a signature on a shipment.  That's USPS Priority Signature Required, many times, and surprisingly Registered as well.  That's a problem on pricey books - actually, any book over $200 to get coverage on Collectibles' policy.  I don't know if the Canadian postal side is just blowing past that or what.  Any thoughts on this?

2 hours ago, Jordysnordy said:

Andy - love this thread - you are singlehandedly making CDN collections great again ?? 

Post of the year.

Except instead of Agent Orange, we'll call Andy Agent Green.

29 minutes ago, Larryw7 said:

Beginning today, I will only be shipping books to Bismarck, North Dakota.

lol  Was thinking about something like that, Larry. If you’re in a gambling mood, put up some 3- and 4-figure Batbooks for $10 each and specify shipping to one zip code only. Come on, see what happens! :D

4 hours ago, Dr. Love said:

Andy, one of the things that has held me back has been the apparent inability to get a signature on a shipment.  That's USPS Priority Signature Required, many times, and surprisingly Registered as well.  That's a problem on pricey books - actually, any book over $200 to get coverage on Collectibles' policy.  I don't know if the Canadian postal side is just blowing past that or what.  Any thoughts on this?

My thoughts on this would be ship without a signature. Packages typically don’t get lost.  :) 

if you must have a signature, I think the cost goes up to $55, but again, you could offer that option.