• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Unknown Comics

10 posts in this topic

Just putting this out there for anyone else buying from this site. I never have much issues with online retailers except for an 
occasional corner ding from Gemini mailers.

So this order really surprised me. I have ordered from Unknown comics I think 3 or 4 times with no issue before. This order
I had order 10 ASM sketch blanks and 3 Venom 1 Kirkman covers.

I get the order and all 10 of the ASM blanks have a large dents in the middle of the cover. At first I thought shipping damage
from some sort of impact, but the boards weren't bent and it was on the same spot on every book.

I email the company no response ever.

I finally had to file with paypal and then I only get a response on the last day they can respond. "Our entire shipment was damaged."
is basically the reply I got. I would have accepted almost any reply but that. 

That right there tells me they knew about the damage before they shipped it to me. So 2 months later and a lot of typing
I am sending the books back to them at my cost so I can get a refund. I am out my time(which is the biggest issue), $16 in shipping
and supplies, and several books I wanted.

Take what you want from the above, but that was my last order from them ever. 

hm I’m still waiting for a response from the email I sent them last Wednesday about an update for a order placed, and I was charged for by credit card on 8/04/18..

However to be fair the latest item estimated ship date was expected by 12/30 , but an update on a paid preorder, almost 6 months ago would be nice.  (especially when the latest expected date (Exclusive Pre-ordered CGC graded 9.8 ) item has shown up on eBay over 2 months ago. (shrug)

Edited by nepatkm

On 1/22/2019 at 8:03 PM, nepatkm said:

hm I’m still waiting for a response from the email I sent them last Wednesday about an update for a order placed, and I was charged for by credit card on 8/04/18..

However to be fair the latest item estimated ship date was expected by 12/30 , but an update on a paid preorder, almost 6 months ago would be nice.  (especially when the latest expected date (Exclusive Pre-ordered CGC graded 9.8 ) item has shown up on eBay over 2 months ago. (shrug)

Just wanted to update, received a response on January 28th ( through Facebook messenger) basically saying CGC has the books, and they take a long time time to grade.  They only give estimates on date, no guarantee... so I’m still waiting for the Parrillo trade variant CGC 9.8, and the rest of my order ( Released raws no later than 9/26/18) , so on CGC graded book.. I have seen others graded at 9.8 on eBay for over 2 months now ( for less than I’ve paid) aIso I have purchased a Virgin exclusive of this cover on eBay for less than paid for the trade dress version. (shrug)

—So my question is when you pay more for preorder, should you receive them before they show up elsewhere for less?

I believe so, anyway I’m just hoping this order comes through soon, but I’m not sure that I will deal with this company again. :sorry:

Edited by nepatkm
Messenger

I used to be a big fan of theirs but I do not agree with how they are flooding the market with variants. What I found to be most dissapointing and greedy on their part was marking their variants as sold out after a certain amount was sold on their website but they were holding back stock until the prices began to rise and then began selling them at eBay prices. I found that if you just wait a few months you can get their back stock at a huge discount to even what they were initially selling for on previous order.

their order fulfillment times have also slipped. when it was a pre-order I could understand why it took a while to receive but my last order towards the end of September was for items that had already been out for a couple of months so I figured it wouldn't take more than a couple of weeks to receive. I just got them at the beginning of January.  3 months is too long to wait. I may not order from them again. 

10 hours ago, nepatkm said:

Just wanted to update, received a response on January 28th ( through Facebook messenger) basically saying CGC has the books, and they take a long time time to grade.  They only give estimates on date, no guarantee... so I’m still waiting for the Parrillo trade variant CGC 9.8, and the rest of my order ( Released raws no later than 9/26/18) , so on CGC graded book.. I have seen others graded at 9.8 on eBay for over 2 months now ( for less than I’ve paid) aIso I have purchased a Virgin exclusive of this cover on eBay for less than paid for the trade dress version. (shrug)

—So my question is when you pay more for preorder, should you receive them before they show up elsewhere for less?

I believe so, anyway I’m just hoping this order comes through soon, but I’m not sure that I will deal with this company again. :sorry:

I placed an order for a CGC book with them about 8 months ago. After four months, and no help from them, I filed a PP claim and got my money back.

I picked up some raw copies of that book and submitted for grading. To this day, my submissions are the only 9.8's on the census.

To be fair, even though they are under staffed and run about 2-3 weeks late on getting new raw copies out, when they arrive, they are usually 9.6/9.8.

On 7/17/2018 at 1:50 PM, fastballspecial said:

Just putting this out there for anyone else buying from this site. I never have much issues with online retailers except for an 
occasional corner ding from Gemini mailers.

So this order really surprised me. I have ordered from Unknown comics I think 3 or 4 times with no issue before. This order
I had order 10 ASM sketch blanks and 3 Venom 1 Kirkman covers.

I get the order and all 10 of the ASM blanks have a large dents in the middle of the cover. At first I thought shipping damage
from some sort of impact, but the boards weren't bent and it was on the same spot on every book.

I email the company no response ever.

I finally had to file with paypal and then I only get a response on the last day they can respond. "Our entire shipment was damaged."
is basically the reply I got.
I would have accepted almost any reply but that. 

That right there tells me they knew about the damage before they shipped it to me. So 2 months later and a lot of typing
I am sending the books back to them at my cost so I can get a refund. I am out my time(which is the biggest issue), $16 in shipping
and supplies, and several books I wanted.

Take what you want from the above, but that was my last order from them ever. 

If you are a retailer buying wholesale and receive books that are damaged, can you send them back for a refund? In this condition focused hobby (especially with moderns), one would think that any supplier would know that shipping damaged products will result in returns. But I am not sure if they honor that type of request from a retailer.

On 2/9/2019 at 6:40 AM, I like pie said:

I placed an order for a CGC book with them about 8 months ago. After four months, and no help from them, I filed a PP claim and got my money back.

I picked up some raw copies of that book and submitted for grading. To this day, my submissions are the only 9.8's on the census.

To be fair, even though they are under staffed and run about 2-3 weeks late on getting new raw copies out, when they arrive, they are usually 9.6/9.8.

That’s disappointing, and not looking good for my purchase. I’m over 6 months into this paid purchase, so no disputes available now. Very disappointed in their excuse of CGC taking long to grade these, I let it ride, for now  -Seeing the same “Exclusive Unknown Comics Trade Dress Variant” Graded 9.8 by CGC show up on eBay over 2 1/2 months ago while still waiting for mine with “be patient we’re dealing with slow CGC process” reply. Does not make me feel comfortable dealing with them. Especially knowing the CGC process, and the turnaround times. :tonofbricks:

Edited by nepatkm
Spelling

So an Update to this order placed on Aug 4th 2018, I did receive them all today. 

D9C115D8-728D-4167-92A5-AABCFC293F7F.jpeg.c0442648831187eb2fc3af2e12726197.jpegDBBAD5AB-0ED0-470B-A36E-78DCE7C8B7F6.jpeg.8a2aeb76ef5860ba72ddac6b55b41f76.jpegCF44EFFE-2413-470B-BC92-9F87FF5D5FE7.jpeg.062f20084f25200176c5ae3017fdc8e3.jpeg

Glad they came in finally, the raw books ranged from 9.2-9.6. Tthe graded Parrillo trade dress supposedly was the big delay released on August 28th, and CGC was slow at grading. (The explanation for the delay that I was given.)

Not bashing the company, but honestly did not see a benefit of preordering the “exclusive” copy to be graded by CGC in 9.8– when they were available on Ebay graded by CGC in 9.8 for the amount (or less) than I had paid. Back in December of last year  🙁

I will not deal with this company again. 😔

Edited by nepatkm