• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ballpark figure (Grading)

10 posts in this topic

Membership aside, how much would it cost to send in 5 books and have them graded?  I'm in no hurry to get them back either so shipping doesn't have to be fast.  Just wondering what something like that might cost me.  Thanks.

1 hour ago, frisbee said:

Membership aside, how much would it cost to send in 5 books and have them graded?  I'm in no hurry to get them back either so shipping doesn't have to be fast.  Just wondering what something like that might cost me.  Thanks.

Dude, your question is similar to asking how much does lunch cost. It depends. Factors include the age of your comics, the value of your comics, which tier you choose, what services you choose, etc. BTW, when you say shipping doesn't have to be fast, you better be prepared to wait months and months and months..... Seriously, look at the CGC website to get all your answers.

I just had five books graded through the Economy tier. It took about 2 full months from start to finish. The cost was $38 per book plus an $8 handling fee, plus shipping and insurance both ways. So around $250 total. I hope this helps...:)

Edited by The Lions Den
Additional info added

On 7/17/2018 at 9:24 PM, The Lions Den said:

I just had five books graded through the Economy tier. It took about 2 full months from start to finish. The cost was $38 per book plus an $8 handling fee, plus shipping and insurance both ways. So around $250 total. I hope this helps...:)

This is exactly what I was looking for.  Thank you.  :)

10 minutes ago, frisbee said:
On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 9:24 PM, The Lions Den said:

This is exactly what I was looking for.  Thank you.  :)

It should be noted that if your books are VERY valuable, the cost might be much more, and your books are SUPER EXTREMELY VALUABLE, the cost might be much much much more but you might get them back a million times quicker.  Which is why absent specifics which you did not know that you were not providing, people told you to check out the website for yourself, because you know your situation better than anyone.

16 minutes ago, revat said:

It should be noted that if your books are VERY valuable, the cost might be much more, and your books are SUPER EXTREMELY VALUABLE, the cost might be much much much more but you might get them back a million times quicker.  Which is why absent specifics which you did not know that you were not providing, people told you to check out the website for yourself, because you know your situation better than anyone.

Exactly - The FMW may put it in a different tier, there are different shipping options, the invoice fee is different depending whether it is subbed on online or through mail-in pdf, whether or not pressing through CCS, fast-track options which it doesn't sound like is take since time is not of the essence.  Whether or not membership level is at play, they can also be subbed through a certified dealer at a percentage discount as an option.  

It doesn't take much effort to look at the link above and calculate the cost - probably not much more time than posting in this thread and like @revat said, you know your books to determine the cost. 

Good luck with the sub.