• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone Download the New Overstreet Guide yet?
1 1

16 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, mustang33guy said:

I was just reading it doesn't come out until July 31st

Isn't the Overstreet out today? (Wed. 7/18 to coincide with the SDCC?)

I think the 31st is what Amazon is showing as when available

1 minute ago, DanCooper said:

You maybe right! I just saw it on Amazon and Barnes and Noble that it was the 31st. Just assumed that was the date everwhere

2 hours ago, DanCooper said:

Overstreet is out today in comic shops 

9 hours ago, mustang33guy said:

Hey everyone! I just got an email from the Heritage Newsletter that the 2018-2019 Overstreet Catalog is available to download. Anyone do it yet? And if so thoughts? Thanks! (Link is listed below)

2018-2019 Overstreet Price Guide Link

If you could use it on your mobile devices, I might consider it but for now I prefer the print version.

4 hours ago, comicjack said:

Overstreet is out today in comic shops 

+1

I picked up my copy from the LCS earlier this morning.

Definitely a far cry from the old days as he had only 10 copies of the DC cover version (8 HC & 2 SC) plus only 1 each for both the Apes and American Flagg HC cover versions.

Yes I understand that the paper back version is the version of choice amongst probably 95% of people here, including myself. The point of this thread was to see if people had received a copy (print or digital) early and if so what do they think about it? And has Overstreet adjusted a lot of prices to reflect realistic expectations? Those were really my main inquiries :foryou:

On 7/18/2018 at 7:42 PM, musicmeta said:

If you could use it on your mobile devices, I might consider it but for now I prefer the print version.

My LCS didn’t receive their copies. :(

57 minutes ago, mustang33guy said:

Yes I understand that the paper back version is the version of choice amongst probably 95% of people here, including myself. The point of this thread was to see if people had received a copy (print or digital) early and if so what do they think about it? And has Overstreet adjusted a lot of prices to reflect realistic expectations? Those were really my main inquiries :foryou:

I’m curious here, too. I’m also curious what you mean by realistic? I’m guessing that some books fetch well below guide, and others well over it?

4 minutes ago, DavidTheDavid said:

My LCS didn’t receive their copies. :(

I’m curious here, too. I’m also curious what you mean by realistic? I’m guessing that some books fetch well below guide, and others well over it?

More or less yes. For example a lot of pre code horror books that have taken off in the last few years from my understanding were listed much lower than they really should be. Also maybe I’m thinking that some books that have cooled off because of movie hype might have been listed higher than they are currently selling for. But until we get a look I’m just speculating, I have no idea (shrug)