• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] FS: Starlin’s first Thanos Saga Reader's Lot (Captain Marvel 25 - 33 + extras)...DC Whitman Variant Lot...Werewolf by Night 15 Mark Jewelers insert - books in the Starlin lot now priced for individual sale - OFFERS?

9 posts in this topic

Up for sale over the next week or so…a reader’s lot of Jim Starlin’s complete and completely cosmic "First Thanos Saga" in Captain Marvel from the early 1970s (plus related titles), along with some other goodies.  Stay tuned!

-----------------------------------

TERMS: 

:takeit: in the thread rules.

• PayPal is the only method of payment I accept.  Please also note that I will only ship to the confirmed domestic US address, as verified by PayPal, of the person buying the books (no third party sales).

IMPORTANT: I also reserve the right to request references from newer board members before closing a deal.

• No HOS'ers/probies/etc.

• Payment is due within 3 days of closing the deal unless we've made other arrangements.

DOMESTIC US SHIPPING (fully insured Priority Mail w/extremely secure packaging)

• FREE for USPS Priority Mail.

• NOTE: I am sometimes able to ship the same day that payment is received, but usually no later than one day after payment is received.

***VERY IMPORTANT -- Domestic U.S. shipping only, very sorry!***

RETURNS:  

• Shouldn't be necessary, but…I'm reasonable -- if there's a problem of ANY kind, please PM me and we WILL work it out to your satisfaction.

Need larger scans? Detail pics? Interior pics? More info? Please feel free to PM me.

Finally, my feedback thread is located here (under my old username, but it's still me): 

Edited by jools&jim

Jim Starlin's Captain Marvel 25 - 33 LOT + Daredevil 105 & Marvel Feature 12:  

This is a complete reader's lot of Jim Starlin's first Thanos saga -- as played out in the pages of Captain Marvel, Daredevil, and Marvel Feature -- from early 1973 through mid 1974.  One of the coolest, if not THE coolest runs of comic books ever produced by anyone during the 1970s!

This lot is also "Starlin-centric" in that it only includes books in which Starlin had a hand, either as a writer and artist, or as an artist only (so there is no Avengers #125, in which Thanos makes a brief appearance, written by Steve Englehart, and drawn by John Buscema and Dave Cockrum).

Obviously, the big omission here is Iron Man #55 -- Thanos's introduction by Starlin.  

But in the interest of keeping this lot affordable, and because I want to keep my beat-up (and only!) copy, I'm including a recent modern reprint of that first Thanos story at no extra charge.

So...here's what you get (in correct reading order):

Captain Marvel #25:  Coverless.  Interior is 100% complete and readable with no hidden defects.

Captain Marvel #26:  Fair-.  2nd appearance of Thanos.  Spine roll.  Cover is completely detached and has a '70s "label-maker" 10-cent price sticker on the front cover.  Numbers and small doodles written in pen at the bottom of the back cover.  Interior is 100% complete and readable -- nothing missing, no hidden defects.

Captain Marvel #27:  Good.  Cover and all interior pages firmly attached to both staples.  "188" written in black maker along the top margin of the back cover; small piece missing from the bottom lhc of the back cover; two small tears (< 1") on the lh side of the back cover.  Interior is 100% complete and readable -- nothing missing, no hidden defects.

Captain Marvel #28:  Good.  STUNNING interior art by Starlin -- some of his best in the whole run!  Cover and all interior pages firmly attached to both staples.  1.5" tear to the rhs of the front cover near CM's left fist.  Book is slighty wavy.  Interior is 100% complete and readable -- nothing missing, no hidden defects.

Daredevil #105:  Fine.  Origin of Moondragon (4.5 pages of Starlin art).  Cover and all interior pages firmly attached to both staples.  Some ncb wear not visible in the scan.  Interior is 100% complete and readable -- nothing missing, no hidden defects.

Captain Marvel #29:  G/VG.  Starlin unleashed!!!!  "270" written in black marker along the top margin of the back cover.  Cover and all interior pages firmly attached to both staples.  Interior is 100% complete and readable -- nothing missing, no hidden defects.

Marvel Feature #12:  Fair.  Cover and all interior pages firmly attached to both staples.  Water damage/staining (more visible on the back cover) and some staple rust.   Paper is supple, and there are no musty or weird odors.  Interior is 100% complete and readable -- nothing missing, no hidden defects.

Captain Marvel #30:  G/VG.  Blue ballpoint writing in the top margin ("Stan Lee Presents..." has been transformed by some smart-@ss teenager into "Stan Lee...reads DC!") and bottom margin (a squiggle that looks like the letter "R").  Cover and all interior pages firmly attached to both staples.  Interior is 100% complete and readable -- nothing missing, no hidden defects.

Captain Marvel #31:  G/VG.  Some light ink stains to the bottom of pages 10 and 11.  Cover and all interior pages firmly attached to both staples.  Interior is 100% complete and readable -- nothing missing, no hidden defects.

Captain Marvel #32:  VG/Fine.  Cover and all interior pages firmly attached to both staples.  Interior is 100% complete and readable -- nothing missing, no hidden defects.

Captain Marvel #33:  VG.  The Grand Finalé of Starlin's first Thanos saga -- and it's one helluva an ending!!!!!  Cover and all interior pages firmly attached to both staples.  Interior is 100% complete and readable -- nothing missing, no hidden defects.

And...

True Believers #1 - Thanos the First:  VF.   A recent modern reprint of Starlin's Iron Man #55 (first appearance of Thanos from 1973), which also includes a reprint of the first Thanos solo story from Logan's Run #6 (from 1977, not by Starlin).

That's 11 seminal '70s comics that have fueled the Marvel Cinematic Universe + a useful modern reprint as a freebie, all for...

$85

Now $75 shipped and fully insured via BOXED USPS Priority Mail.

==============================================================

Thanos-01-CM25_20180625_0001.jpg

Thanos-02-CM26_20180625_0001.jpg

Thanos-03-CM27_20180625_0001.jpg

Thanos-04-CM28_20180625_0001.jpg

Thanos-05-DD105_20180625_0001.jpg

Thanos-06-CM29_20180625_0001.jpg

Thanos-06b-MF12_20180702_0001.jpg

Thanos-07-CM30_20180625_0001.jpg

Thanos-08-CM31_20180625_0001.jpg

Thanos-09-CM32_20180625_0001.jpg

Thanos-10-CM33_20180625_0001.jpg

Thanos-11-IM55-reprint_20180625_0001.jpg

Edited by jools&jim

DC Whitman Variant Lot:  Includes the following...

• DC Comics Presents #3:  Fine.  Some ncb wear not visible in the scan.

• Superboy & the Legion of Superheroes #244:  F/VF.  Some ncb wear not visible in the scan.

• Superboy & the Legion of Superheroes #257:  G/VG. 

• Superman #322:  Good/Good+.

$15 shipped & insured via USPS Priority Mail (US only).

WHIT-01-DCP3-whit_20180618_0001.jpg

WHIT-02-Sboy244-whit_20180618_0001.jpg

WHIT-03-Sboy257-whit_20180618_0001.jpg

WHIT-04-Sman322-whit_20180618_0001.jpg

Edited by jools&jim

Werewolf by Night #15 w/Mark Jewelers Insert.

VG.  Classic Drac vs. Wolfie story by Ploog.  Note the damage to the right-hand side of the front cover, and to the lower left-hand corner, which also impacts the first few pages.

$18

Now $15 shipped and insured via USPS Priority Mail (US only).

WWBN-15MJinsert_20180625_0001.jpg

WWBN-15MJinsert_20180625_0002JPG.JPG

Edited by jools&jim

RAINY TUESDAY UPDATE...prices for the Starlin lot and the WWBN (Mark Jewelers) have been reduced.  And remember that all orders ship for free (US only) via Priority Mail (NO Media Mail BS here!!!!).

RAINY WEDNESDAY UPDATE...I'll be adding an individual sale price to the listing for each of the books in the Starlin lot tomorrow night.  In the meantime, I'm open to offers via PM if anyone just wants a single issue or a few of them, and not the whole lot...

Edited by jools&jim

:bump:

Wasn't able to do the update on Weds as planned -- spent most of the evening fighting to keep my basement from flooding due to a week of heavy rains here in the Baltimore area!

I may add a few new listings tonight, and will definitely price the books in the Stalin lot for individual sale.

In the meantime, everything is still available -- any/all PM offers will be cheerfully considered...

Here are the individual prices for each of the books in the Starlin lot.  

Please see above for scans and complete descriptions.  Please also add $6 for insured Priority Mail shipping (US only) for 1 - 4 books, and $12 (US only) for 5 or more.

==============================================

Captain Marvel #25:  Coverless.  FREE with any purchase from this thread.

Captain Marvel #26:  Fair-.  2nd appearance of Thanos.  $15.00.

Captain Marvel #27:  Good.  $7.50.

Captain Marvel #28:  Good.  $7.50.

Daredevil #105:  Fine.  Origin of Moondragon (4.5 pages of Starlin art).  $15.00.

Captain Marvel #29:  G/VG.  $8.00.

Marvel Feature #12:  Fair.  $6.00.

Captain Marvel #30:  G/VG.  $8.00.

Captain Marvel #31:  G/VG.  $8.00.

Captain Marvel #32:  VG/Fine.  $12.00.

Captain Marvel #33:  VG.  $20.00.

==============================================