• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ACE Comic Con, Chicago, Oct 12-14 at Chicago's Navy Pier
1 1

31 posts in this topic

Show was good for its first time and can grow. Small con with huge celebrity talent. There were not many dealers or artists set up and the place they used was small compared to C2E2 and Wizard World. All space was utilized. My 2 grips are that you could not see or access the talent without an autograph or photo opt ticket. Luckily I had 2 phot opts. There was no waiting in line to meet them without a paying above the entrance fee, which is wrong! The place was oversold on Saturday and not every got a seat for the Chris Evans panel.  They also had some very angry VIPs who did not get seated for that panel. I will say that there were more women than men in attendance and lots of complete families.

Edited by Drewsky

On 3/6/2019 at 3:22 PM, RCheli said:

I just checked the Ace Comic Con site, and they have no upcoming shows listed. So was this a failed experiment? Does anyone have news?

I got 2 emails from Ace that last couple of days. One says there's a Seattle show but nothing about Chicago yet.

2 minutes ago, BriD. said:

I got 2 emails from Ace that last couple of days. One says there's a Seattle show but nothing about Chicago yet.

I just went and checked their site, and they show an update for the Seattle show. (There was nothing there when I posted this -- honest.)

3 months out for a big show like this is not that much time, however. 

(And it's nuts that Seattle doesn't have a smaller show that runs every few months. This is a big city that can handle that.)