• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The AWAX 2018 SDCC report

176 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Awax said:

This year I got two movies. These won’t come out for another month ... 

sgse2v.jpg

Got mine on pre-order!

Always love the thread, my friend!

13 hours ago, Awax said:

I like this because it doesn’t have the word bubbles like the Reg #1

2j18n7a.jpg

I'm not normally a foil guy, but the muted colors really work with this for some reason. I may have to dig one of these up.

Also (since I'm derailing yr thread anyway) are you going to the Scream Factory panel tonight? Hoping for some big announcements, and not just more re-hashed steelbooks. Fingers crossed for Critters boxed set and Deadly Friend. I think the people waiting on a new Elm Street box are going to be waiting for a while, but I won't scoff if it happens. Would also love to see Candyman and Screamers, but am not getting my hopes up too high.

I grabbed this when I first got there. 

I think this one is exclusive to SDCC .?. 

34sfim9.jpg

As I was buying this a guy next to me bought the last virgin Batman 50

” we will have more tomorrow “ they said 

Hi, if you dont mind me asking, what was J. Scott Campbell charging for their raw signed Amazing Spider-Man virgin books?

Enjoy the show, Brian

6 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Also (since I'm derailing yr thread anyway) are you going to the Scream Factory panel tonight? Hoping for some big announcements, and not just more re-hashed steelbooks. Fingers crossed for Critters boxed set and Deadly Friend. I think the people waiting on a new Elm Street box are going to be waiting for a while, but I won't scoff if it happens. Would also love to see Candyman and Screamers, but am not getting my hopes up too high.

Didn’t go to panel. The news goes so fast I think the Blu-ray.com boards know before the actual panel lol

i want deadly friend also. I haven’t seen that since in the theatres ( high school ).  

Cant see what extras NOES and F13th box sets could have that’s not out there.  But I’m down for one. Just not in a hurry. 

10 hours ago, lonetree said:

Hi, if you dont mind me asking, what was J. Scott Campbell charging for their raw signed Amazing Spider-Man virgin books?

Enjoy the show, Brian

I really don’t remember.  I want to say $400 for the set but I could be very wrong.  

The number was too high for what I wanted to spend at that booth.   I didn’t even go by there today. 

Edited by Awax

22 hours ago, Awax said:

This year I got two movies. These won’t come out for another month ... 

sgse2v.jpg

Lifeforce rules. Alien vampires by Tobe Hooper with Jun Luc Picard (Patrick Stewart). This was Stewart’s first onscreen kiss, which he shared with Star Steve  Railsback. Mathilda May (hot female vampire) is only in the film for 7 minutes. Fortunately she is nude for all 7 minutes.

Coffee poured.   About to start Day two 

started out going to see Big Clutch at Skybound. Always like to check in with him and see how things are.   Then I went to CGC and dropped off some books.  They do it all by computer now.  So you have to do the work :cry:

My board login worked so I didn’t need to make an account though.  

:wishluck: for some 9.8s or better 

Edited by Awax

2 hours ago, Awax said:

Ok. I’ll be back later tonight with an update.

Didnt do a lot today. I was in a line again and again it was for Twin Peaks. 

Since you said Twin Peaks...went and checked,found the book.1990...geez,i'm getting old!

Last night I opened one of the foil Catwoman. I wanted to sub one. I looked them all over for 10 mins. Found one that looked nice. Real nice 

on the front 

the back ( after cutting open the poly bag ) was a mess.  That is a bend across from the DC also 

I didn’t feel like playing $15 lottery tickets so I’ll keep this as a PC. Put it in a Mylar and enjoy 

24dev43.jpg

Edited by Awax

Just now, porcupine48 said:

Since you said Twin Peaks...went and checked,found the book.1990...geez,i'm getting old!

I’ll get to the TP stuff in a bit. And yes it was a long time ago.  25 years before the last season Was announced a while back. 

One of the only cosplay pictures you will get out of me 

w2dmas.jpg

Poor little dude.  Actually.. most know how much I love my dog and other dogs for that matter.  I’ve seen a few suspicious “ service dog “ vests on dogs walking around 

I have a friend that trains service dogs.  She takes them to places like this and the vest they wear are pretty noticeable for what it is. 

I saw a chihuahua with a service dog shirt walking around and the people weren’t even paying attention to the dog.  I came close to saying something (I may have been wrong but I don’t think in this case I was )

bottom line SDCC needs to screen service pets better. 

# endrant haha