• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The AWAX 2018 SDCC report

176 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Broke as a Joke said:

The service dog thing in California is a huge joke.  Did you know you can't legally make somebody show you proof that their dog is indeed a "service" dog.  I have seen people walking around pitbulls in public places lately.

Companion.  Not service. Service at least can show you papers. 

Ok if you don’t care about my Twin Peaks adventure ( obsession ) you can skip till tomorrow. 

A few few weeks back I saw on the SDCC blog that a bunch of Twin Peaks cast members were going to be there again.  Even more than last year.  

Recap: last year I waited in a overflow line to get cast autographs.. I got up there ( after a few of the major players were gone,but as I said last year.. most twin peaks fans are obsesses with any of them. )  so I got a hand full in my Secret History of Twin Peaks hardback book  

so this is the list of who was to be here and when this year ( Sheryl lee was to be here at one point but must have canceled ) 

280qvsl.png

So the signing was at 2:30. I got up there around 12:45 to see what the deal was 

the sails pavilion is an autograph area. There are “ stars “ that have a small booth set up there The whole con and sell pics and autos ( boomer  from the original Battlestar Galactica , American  gladiators  ,  scream queens  People like that )

then em they have bigger areas for lines and tables for the in-betweens.  Bigger names that usually are a ticked session ( win a ticket or buy something at a booth etc)   Some are just free.   

No one knew what was going on with twin peaks.   They wouldn’t let us line up and told us to come back at 2:00.   I’ve been to enough thing like this in my life to not trust the people running the lines etc...

so I just lurked for a while.  So did a few others.  I kept seeing more and more people going up and asking and them telling them to come back at 2. No line ups till then hm 

So me and a group of about ten just keep lurking and pretending to be doing something else. It was really stupid. The area for a line of about 100 or more was available in front of the tables. 

So around 1:50 there was so many “wandering around “ one guard says “ we are going to line you up outside first.  Follow me. So I got as close to her as I could. Followed her and ended up first in line.  There was 3 other lurkers that had been there before me earlier and I offered them the front but they were a few behind and didn’t mind. So I was first. 

So if anyone came at 2:00 to line up like they told everyone. They were  told to get in this line 

o9mm9z.jpg

Fifteen or so minutes they let us in to get in the other line.  

We go through the winding line divider and most of the cast members were still getting settled in.  And not all were there.  The one that most wanted to see was Madchen Amick.  She wasn’t there yet but her daughter was setting her stuff up.  

And heres where some of my questions were answered.  I saw a small square credit card swipe thing and pictures set out for her. And then looking down everyone started setting stuff out.  

NOW..... I get it.  Some “ stars “do this for a living.  But it was very vague with this signing.  Luckily I kinda had a feeling this was going to happen.  

And right away the security were yelling NO PICTURES. ... put you phones away. I will pull you out of the line if I see a phone. 

I took this before he started yelling thought.  This is Chrysta Bell setting up 

2s6mt78.jpg

That sign went away  a little after this 

Edited by Awax

I watched as the cast members say hi to eachother and Sherilyn Fenn passed out little cards so everyone could write their autograph and selfie rates lol

they ranged from $20 - $50 

ill leave it at that.   

So everyone was set up but Madchen wasn’t there yet. They decide to let people start going down the line but I said I’m not going anywhere until Madchen was there because I had a feeling I’d go through the line and they would not let me back in ( which was discussed among the guards because a whole bunch of people felt the same. ).  There was also grips that sigs were being charged for but —-

i think there is a rule for stars that they have to sign the SDCC  souvenir program for free if asked.  So some had that. 

Madchen showed up about 15 mins later.  Told me ( becuse I was still first in line lol) that she just flew in from  Vancouver, she was filming Riverdale. 

So I had her sign my book.  She asked if I wanted a picture ( I usually don’t but with her I did. You all aren’t getting that one ..I did post me and DMC a few years ago if you really wanna see my mug ) 

i had to pick only a few. I wasn’t paying for a woodsman sig.  even though as I said I like every cast member, there were a few today I really wanted. 

So I got Madchen Amick ( Shelly )

Sherilyn Finn ( Audrey ) 

Christa Bell ( FBI Agent Tammy Preston ) 

Harry Goaz ( Andy )

james and Kimmy ( Lucy ) were there but I got them last year.