• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The AWAX 2018 SDCC report

176 posts in this topic

On 7/22/2018 at 12:46 AM, Awax said:

The two scabs from KISS were doing a signing. 

I actually like Eric from Badlands and on the KISS albums he did without the makeup.  Tommy is from a Band I like called Black N Blue. I actually saw him in a KISS tribute band playing Ace in the early 90s.  lol

i just dont think they they should be in Ace and Peters make up. 

mj5ul4.jpg

I remember seeing Black N Blue open for KISS in 85 on Asylum. Saw Jaime St James at a bar in Cleveland a few years back. Good show. Badlands first album was amazing. We need more Jake E Lee.

On 7/22/2018 at 10:03 PM, Awax said:

Years ago Kramerica showed me how cool Pre-Code horror books are.  Every year I go to different booths and look and drool on a few.  Usually at Dale’s booth I’ll spend quite some time pawing at all the cool books and looking at the covers. 

I was looking at Giant Size X-men 1s today and just couldn’t find one in the condition I wanted that fit my budget. 

While sitting at Dale’s booth waiting for Mark to go look at a X-men book with me, this caught my eye.  There’s something about this cover I just like.  

So when I passed on the X-men I went back to Dale’s book and grabbed this. 

Thanks Dale :applause:

351bodv.jpg

I was beginning to think this was an all modern SDCC report thread then I saw this. Great choice! Much better than an X-Men. Thanks for the great report!

On 7/21/2018 at 11:28 PM, Awax said:

This is a bootleg. I know this. But I would gladly buy a real version if it was offered in any media. 

I really wanted the Fast Times at Ridgemont High TV show but he didn’t have it 

ohsqds.jpg

Fast Times TV show ? More info please....

11 minutes ago, the authority said:

Fast Times TV show ? More info please....

I Think the only cast member from the movie was Mr. Hand

but it had some people that are still on tv etc today on it. It was only on one season I think and wasn’t great.. but still

heres the IMDb link 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090429/?ref_=nv_sr_2

13 minutes ago, Awax said:

I Think the only cast member from the movie was Mr. Hand

but it had some people that are still on tv etc today on it. It was only on one season I think and wasn’t great.. but still

heres the IMDb link 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090429/?ref_=nv_sr_2

Oh wow ! I have to see this. If you run across it anywhere, please buy 2 

On 7/22/2018 at 11:57 PM, Awax said:

When I was getting the Walking Dead book, I was talking to Big Clutch.  They have a little private area behind the booth and a door opened and Robert Kirkman came out to tell Shawn ( Big Clutch ) something.  Robert went back in the room and Shawn asked if I wanted A signed copy.  So he took him one and got it signed for me ...

2mzfntj.jpg

Very cool :headbang:

Love Big Clutch. Always taking care of us ?

On 7/23/2018 at 1:29 AM, Awax said:

sound more Oingo Boingo to me then Slipknot. 

Most of their covers are non metal 80s ,   Depeche Mode , pet shop boys. 

Wait, Pet Shop Boys weren’t metal ? What the hell was in that ‘80s stuff ?

:roflmao:

On 7/21/2018 at 8:51 PM, Awax said:

So let’s start off with an old board joke..

there was a guy guy sitting in front of this drooling and yelling at anyone that came near it.

” It’s mine. They are all mine “ he kept yelling. Some here might know who it was. 

21jq2x5.jpg

Cal of course, if no one else has chimed in. :grin:

Coming tomorrow ..... my 2019 report 

I’m to tired tonight and I don’t have a pass for either Friday or Saturday.  I do have one for Sunday.  So plenty of time tomorrow to get it going   

I put put in a full day today ( thurday 7/18/19 ) so I’ll have a few things to show and tell.  

.... till tomorrow.   :headbang:

On 7/22/2018 at 11:15 PM, Awax said:

Sunday night and another SDCC is done.  But I still have a day of stuff to post. 

Coffee is poured..

today Kramerica and I were discussing music with an employee of Torpedo comics. I was telling Mark that the band Ghost were more of a 80s new wave/70 rock band than a metal band.  The earlier albums sound like Blue Oyster Cult.  John from System of the Down was there and heard every word we said but didn’t join in on our conversation :sorry:

tell me what you think.  

ill be starting in a min..

I love ghost. I hated when he finally had to admit who he was due to a lawsuit.

Great music. Not for everyone, but very refreshing haven't heard a band like that in many year.

I learn more towards Metal since they have played with Metallica and sight them as an influence.

Edited by fastballspecial

8 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

I love ghost. I hated when he finally had to admit who he was due to a lawsuit.

Great music. Not for everyone, but very refreshing haven't heard a band like that in many year.

I learn more towards Metal since they have played with Metallica and sight them as an influence.

I love Ghost, they're a ton of fun. They're like a live action Hammer movie set to pop metal. Great harmonies, great riffs. A friend of mine was complaining last night about how Ghost are "fake metal" and I'm like, who on earth cares? What is "real" metal? Ghost is like Deep Purple meets Duran Duran meets the Devil. It's silly and fun. If you can't sing along to that stuff, you have a serious stick up your .

2 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Yay, been waiting for this thread! Hope to see some treats from Scream Factory!

Nothing from Scream for me this year.  It’s sad, I was hoping for something early. But I already got Silent Hill which was the only thing I was interested in.

i spend more time on Blu-ray.com than here , so I’m a little more informed of the Scream stuff now then it being a surprise there like in the past. 

I’ll  start my New report thread soon...

Edited by Awax