• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Congrats to forumites of 2018
3 3

85 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

It IS so hot for anyone, I've been trying most of this afternoon to find a Whitman thread that I posted in last year.

Either the heat has taken its toll, or I could of sworn I posted a whitman donald duck 222 last year....

I remember picking them out of the $1 bin at a used bookstore knowing nothing about them. Posting here not finding out too much, but a couple of likes. I remember calling the LCS to tell the owner, because I'll see a couple in his store from time to time. I had also found a "daffy" duck 142, and I can't remember if I took the offer by the LCS :pullhair:

I can find the Daffy in my raw's, but not the Donald

We talked about them in a PM last year Mark. Here's the pics

1518384730730810132819.thumb.jpg.d2a2bce60105406fb1cd3f5baeb5a099.jpg

20180211_180942.thumb.jpg.2f3f635ec5c491283ccf6abbfbf55268.jpg

2 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Much thanks Steve, I just found that #496 too, well I guess that I can give up the search then.... :foryou: 

9 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
13 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Much thanks Steve, I just found that #496 too, well I guess that I can give up the search then.... :foryou: 

That was weird Steve... I could of sworn I had a #222 DD, maybe I remembered the Daffy and thought that I had the #222, since they are similar covers.....

s-l1600.jpgI'm still willing to bet that I sold it to the LCS...but who knows? the shadow knows :ph34r:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

2 hours ago, 01TheDude said:

clearly you have never been to Phoenix, AZ

We call temperatures like this Tuesday.

The phrase "Really hot" is reserved for when it gets over 120 degrees

My mother lived in Phoenix for two summer months,and she said while it was hot as heck it was more bearable without the humidity.She LOVES the heat,myself,not so much.I do remember her saying it would get so hot mid afternoon that folks pretty much stayed indoors.Kudos to you,I couldn't do it.

It's been hitting the low 30's (Celsius) here in the UK but, as Jimmers said, it's the discomfort of the humidity as well.

One of our most consistently-hot summers.

15 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

every year that these are announced I think to myself-- how is this determined? Then I shrug and move on as it seems not all that important, maybe even random. But hey-- congrats to the winners

It's much appreciated how you helped out on thirdgreenhams contest :foryou:

And that's not the first or only time that you've stepped up and helped out. ^^

15 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

It's much appreciated how you helped out on thirdgreenhams contest :foryou:

And that's not the first or only time that you've stepped up and helped out. ^^

meh-- I had some time and wanted to help out. No big deal and certainly was not trying to say I in any way deserve recognition for lending a hand every now and then. It was a pleasure to help out someone like Andy who does so much for these boards and this hobby. So many people add to this forum all the time to make it what it is - truly a great place to visit daily.

My point was more about how the actual process works in determining the three chosen as forumites of the year. It is probably posted somewhere and has a rational approach as most things in this forum typically do.

9 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

meh-- I had some time and wanted to help out. No big deal and certainly was not trying to say I in any way deserve recognition for lending a hand every now and then. It was a pleasure to help out someone like Andy who does so much for these boards and this hobby. So many people add to this forum all the time to make it what it is - truly a great place to visit daily.

My point was more about how the actual process works in determining the three chosen as forumites of the year. It is probably posted somewhere and has a rational approach as most things in this forum typically do.

Paper, scissors, stone?

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 9:43 PM, oakman29 said:

They should just make me forumite of the year every year. :acclaim:

the selection commitee isn't that dumb are they? hm 

Edited by jsilverjanet

8 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:
On 7/29/2018 at 3:43 AM, oakman29 said:

They should just make me forumite of the year every year. :acclaim:

the selection commitee isn't that dumb are they? hm 

Yes. Greggy got one.

1 hour ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

And Wally.

I've proven that in most cases, this award means nothing.

It's the most improved player or most sportsmanlike player award of the CGC boards.

It's not even up to best defensive player.

AKA...it's trash :whee:

15 minutes ago, greggy said:

It's the most improved player or most sportsmanlike player award of the CGC boards.

Suck it greggy

14 minutes ago, greggy said:

Now waitaminnit, defense wins games! :baiting: