• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Creator Signing Fees: unsubbed vs CGC subbed (rant)
1 1

42 posts in this topic

On 7/26/2018 at 11:41 PM, RockMyAmadeus said:

He reacted that way because he doesn't care. It doesn't matter to him, because...for now...there are plenty of people standing in line.

When and if that changes...then we might see a different attitude.

RMA,

You seemed well versed in this whole "paying extra for a CGC'd signature thing" and I'm curious, look into your magic ball: In 10 years what's this whole thing gonna look like? Will the signature junkies be able to throw the needle away and be able to hurt the creators financially and get their point across that way? Will the signature junkies not be able to throw the needle away and things stay the way they are? Maybe a "Yellow Label" rehab/12-step program? 

The mental obsession must be God-Awful as the junkie makes his way through the convention hall: "Must get Delmotto's signature on all 7,000 variants of Spiderman #800 but that $30.00 punishment fee is wrong and I must take a stand so I'll just get 4,500 of the variants signed and hit a meeting a tell my sponsor how well I'm doing."

Edited by NoMan

It is real simple.  Creators, celebrities, and sportsmen would not have jobs without their fans.  Autograph hounds that get short boxes signed or photos cheap baseball and football signed to sell on ebay ruin that.  Facilitators like twin cities, rich henn and partouch nycomics and Triston Pence provide a good service for a reasonable fee.  So Boycott autograph hounds on ebay.  Not people selling SS Books.  Boycott Creators or celebrities who charge an upcharge for signed graded books or who wont signed graded books.  And write well thoughtout letters to CGC or the other guys that explain why this is a slippery slope and how it could be problematic and leave a bad taste in consumers mouths causing them to spend their money else where.