• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ross Andru's Amazing Spider-Man Club
9 9

2,691 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, Spider-Variant said:

Thanks for posting those Marwood.  I had read both.  

Not sure there is a better Andru comic than that Super-Man vs Spider-Man.

I never bought that one off the shelf and cursed myself for years until I finally ordered it through the mail.

I've still not read it... one day I'll remember to add it to an order from somewhere!

4 minutes ago, Spider-Variant said:

I love the cover to ASM 130 by the great John Romita, but I wonder what he thought when he was asked to pencil it? 

"Wait, Hammerhead is crashing into a Spider-Mobile?  What the heck is a Spider-Mobile???"

Romita: Spider mobile? You mean a crib?

No it's spideys get around vehicle

Romita: What? Is spidey having a mid-lif.... ah e rr yes sir, I'll have it smashed by the end of the issue boss!

Speaking of the Spider-Mobile, loved the detail Ross put into his depiction of the Pier A Harbor House (Fire Department building in the day) from ASM 141.   As those that remember the story line, poor Spidey drives that sucker right off the end of the pier and into oblivion, never to be seen again.  Well, unless your name is the Tinkerer, that is.  

image.thumb.png.00faebadd316280c1288429dc6570bb8.png